1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Packers for real?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yuantian, Aug 28, 2009.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

This thread made me laugh out loud about 4 times.

Great way to start the morning!

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

My Eagles suck. :(

3. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

that's funny. :) who was the other quaterback in that draft? wasn't it the 49er dude? can't believe no one drafted rogers until that late. and it wasn't 3rd round, it was 1st round. :D

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm interested to see if the Bengals can break the Hard Knocks curse this season. My initial opinion is the Bengals are not for real (< .500 team).

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

They are certainly a talented team. Wouldn't really surprise me if they tore through the NFL this year.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if they tank either. Any team can fall into the crapper in any given year.

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Exactly the kid got a reality check on draft day when he dropped from the face of the earth. It was painful to watch team after team letting him slide. Now that has made him work really hard over the years by studying the game and now taking over as QB in GB. His numbers last season were great 4038 yds, 28 tds, 13 ints, 63% pct and 93.8 rating. I think its safe to say he is going to get even better this year with more experience and possibly crack the top 5 in all categories. The Packers are going to be a solid team for many years.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Really depends on Carson Palmer. Seems like injuries are killing his career. He hasn't been the same since the injury against Pitt in the playoffs.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Such a common misconception, so I wont hold it against you. If you read between the lines all you have is a team and player that got hot for one year in 2005 then gradually got worse ever since. I highly doubt his knee was the reason behind his 2007 league-high 20 INT's and remarkably poor decision making.

I saw the "NFL's Most Overrated Players" list in the other thread. Any list that doesn't include Carson Palmer isn't a list at all in my book.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I have to say, Palmer was very good in both 2005 and 2006. He really wasn't terrible in 2007 either, despite the picks.

It's interesting though, all Steelers fans seem to think he's overrated.

10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

As for the question asked in the thread title...no. The Packers are imaginary.

:D :D :D

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

2005 he was very good. Great, even.....hell, that year was like winning the Super Bowl to the Bengals. They stole the AFC North from the Steelers and it was their first winning season in 15 years. But again, from that point on it went all downhill.

I just get sick of hearing about how great Palmer is, how he was "never the same" after Kimo rolled up onto his knee and how dangerous the Bengals are supposed to be. The Bengals are football's version of a "one hit wonder". You might as well call Carson Palmer Vanilla Ice.

12. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

My Packers (2nd favorite team to my texans) are doing great. Hope they can beat the Vikings and Bears to win that division and hope the new Capers' 3-4 Defense works well.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't know but I have Rodgers, Grant, and Jennings all on one team, so I hope they're decent.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love this thread
    [​IMG]

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Their defense has been excellent. Dom Capers has turned that defense completely around. 12 takeaways in 3 games is pretty impressive, I don't care if it is the preseason.

Add the offensive weapons they had from last year. Boy, this will be a fun team to watch. Can't wait! :)

NFC North should be a fun division this season.

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

ohhh man this is almost sig worthy. :p

17. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Is this a real post? Judging a team based on preseason football, really? Debating preseason football, a new low. :rolleyes:

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

GB looks like it finally has an offensive line that can run the ball.

Its gonna be neck and neck between the Vikings and GB. Bears are gonna go 8-8, 9-7 at best.