1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People who go/went to UH

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TesseracT, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Chopped

Chopped Member

[​IMG]

lmk if any CFers have the same class.
    also, what time you guys wanna play ball?

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

to be honest, I wont be ballin until around end of Sept (thats when fasting is over). So I guess I'll check in then.

3. astros148

astros148 Member

yah exact same thing for me, but im totally down to ball after ramadan

4. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Ballin at UH. Sounds interestings. I'll check in later to see how everything is coming along.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

6. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

As an academic advisor for the past 7 years at UH and current adjunct faculty I find this thread fascinating... :D

7. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Academic advisor eh? I had to wait a month and a half to get advised for my major for the first time. Lesson learned! :cool:

I had to complain to someone. ;)

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

The Bachelor degree now means about the same as a high school diploma meant 40 years ago - it gets you a job.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It gets you an interview. Doesn't mean you don't need one!

10. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

The University of Houston is ranked second among national universities for Campus Ethnic Diversity by U.S. News & World Report.[25] It also ranks the Bauer College of Business as the top Undergraduate Business Program in Houston, third among public universities in the state of Texas, and 63rd in the nation among public universities. The ranking places the Bauer College in the top quartile of the approximately 400 AACSB-accredited undergraduate business programs and top five percent among all 1608 undergraduate business programs in the United States.[26] It has been ranked the best entrepreneurship program by the Princeton Review.

enough said.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Heck yeah Bauer College is where its at people!

12. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

my advice, don't hang your hat on meaningless obscure rankings like "campus ethnic diversity" (you didn't even place first). Being the top undergrad business program in Houston means you beat...I don't even know who else in Houston has an undergrad business program? when you start writing bogus stats like "63rd in the nation" and "top quartile of AACSB..." it's time to re-evaluate why you like your school in the first place.

be proud of your university because you had a great experience and opened doors for your future.

13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Depends how smart you are.. how proactive you are.. generally though, you don't need 2-3 hours for every hour put in.. You'll get the hang of the schedule and how to study after your first year.. it's different for everyone.

I would also say don't just try to do mediocre. You need to excel to get a good job after your collegiate career. Study hard, study efficient and you'll be ok.

I just graduated from UH Dec 2008, and I put in about 3-4 hours every exam WHILE doing HW proactively and with focus.. and, I also listened in class and took good notes.

So if you do what you should in class and pay attention, you don't need to put in that many hours outside of class. 3-4 hours per exam, 3-4 exams per semester.

14. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I'm with ya buddy!! I'll be going back to Bauer for my Masters in 2010

15. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Those facts were supposed to SUPPORT your assertion that UH has "one of the best schools in the nation for business"???

really?????

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Please back this up with facts. Link?

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lol, and how exactly does this make Bauer College look good? 63rd in the country amongst public schools? What about when you mix in private schools as well?

Sorry, that just makes it look a lot worse than I had thought.

18. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

First off I pulled all of that mess from an out side source, and I'm just trying to shine some positive light on our home-town university that doesn't have the best of reputations. I think it's saying something when your business program is ranked 3rd in Texas out of the public universities. That's something to be proud of. Our entrepreneurship program is tops in the nation, and while it might not be the most sought after of the business careers, it's still quite the accomplishment. Basically, my original post was a hasty response to the guy who said something about UH being a cake walk. UH is boss. LOL our football team/athletic department in general, don't even get me started. C-USA = borderline unwatchable :rolleyes:

19. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Kinda going off topic here but I just started my freshman year at UH and am taking CHEM 1331 with Geanangel. Is he really as bad as people make him out to be? I've checked rankings and heard from different people that he's hard to get an A in but he seems to be a nice guy who is enthusiastic about teaching? Once again, sorry for going off topic, I just wanted to ask that.

20. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

I took him my first semester at UH also. He is a bad professor IMO and not a lot of people made A's in his class from what I remember. A lot of people who were registered in his class usually went to Prof. Bott's lecture. Its probably too late now but try to get into Bott's 1332 class in the spring. I emailed him when the class was full and he was able to add me in.