1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey's Twitter] Jermaine Taylor signed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DieHard Rocket, Aug 5, 2009.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

We better be signing Chase soon. I'd be kind of pissed if we traded him in a package deal.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

He didn't suck in summer league any more than that 31st pick we traded for a few years ago did. And look how he turned out. Besides, if we are going by summer league performance, Budinger would be set to sign for the full MLE.

3. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

This means the Rockets have 15 players under contract, so no more FA signings unless they make some trades first.

4. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

So, a two player for 1 deal, in order to get Budinger signed?

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

battier and brooks for....[insert name here]

6. Knight

Knight Member

Not necessarily, you can have more than 15 players signed in the preseason. You just have to trim the roster down to 15 by the start of the season.

7. worzel gummidge

Morey might be pushing for a 4th year while Budinger's camp must liking his chances of a shorter term contract after his SL performance.

8. worzel gummidge

White is non-guaranteed.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wafer is that much less likely to be a rocket now

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think he's any more or less likely. They have a set figure for Wafer, and if he doesn't take it he doesn't take it. I think they were going to sign Taylor regardless...they did buy a second round pick for him, after all.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Looks like JTs contract won't eat into the MLE. I hope we can get Bud to sign for a similar deal but I think he'll want more money after his summer league performance.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

"many years" implies more than 2. So therefore it WOULD eat into the MLE.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I was thinking maybe Jermaine will become like another Brad Newley or Lior Eliyahu in Morey's plans. Buy a second round pick to select him and then stash him over seas for him to develop while we do our thing with the more up-side guys here and bring him over when hes more nba-ready. Wafer's situation is really tricky because even if we ignore the bad blood between Morey and his agent, don't think there is a roster spot for him. Or we have to leave Chase out of the roster. And tahts not even mentioning James White

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I thought the deal was for 2 years with team option for 2 more.

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'm guessing that Chase and his agent don't want to get potentially locked up for 4 years. So Morey is running through all the options (2 year deal, 3 year deal, more or less $ guaranteed in exchange for more or less years etc.). My guess is that Chase will end up with a standard 2 year deal at the minimum possibly with a team option for year 2.

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yes which is why it did eat into the MLE. You can't add those two team options with only the minimum exception. So he definitely used the MLE to offer the potential 4 year deal.

17. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

Are we looking at Jermaine Oneil as the "more tread on the tires" than most people think? We need a center. What do you guys think.

18. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

No way. Last thing we need is an expensive injury prone player. He wouldn't fit adelmans system at all on the offensive end.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's what Morey told the other 2nd rounders that he drafted.

Maarty Leunen
    Brad Newley
    Lior Eliyahu

20. pass_to_Hakeem

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g5mlejhjuVQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g5mlejhjuVQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>