1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guess the "minor" and "major" move of Morey Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by walangjo, Aug 4, 2009.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

jerome oneal. ha ha

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

No roster moves coming, IMO.

It will probably have to do with media relations, tickets/ticket plans, '09-10 motto/slogan. And maybe, just maybe a "Congrats to Elston Turner. New coach of the T'Wolves." Otherwise, nothing important here. Move along. :)

If I'm wrong, well then..so be it.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady is on his way back to elite status.

Now the other GMs will start picking up when I call...

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Okay we need to get big, I'm tired of 6'8 power forwards, and 6'6 Centers and i don't see us getting much bigger this off season....but next off season would be a great opportunity to get a lot bigger(Bosh, Przybilla, etc.. :D )...what we should do this off season is to accumulate talent, meaning that a Battier for Outlaw, Fernandez and/or Webster trade should go down....to help us accumulate talent...and at the same time it gives a good chance to develop this guy's, I doubt will make the Playoffs, but I think will have a really good chance at... 1st pick, John Wall.....our future Franchise Player, not giving up on Yao, but we could use Yao as our current Franchise player until John Wall grows into the role... :D

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Minor trade = Clutch the bear for Lucky the leprechaun.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Speaking of cy creek i went there

7. Raven

Raven Member

In a way this will settle whether the Rockets are unofficially rebuilding, because most trades will reflect either a win now or win later philosophy, not all, but most.

And if the trade is for cap space or a draft pick, that's even more obvious.

8. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

There are no major trades coming until the deadline

9. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

actually Morey had noted a week a go or so that there would be a move towards the end of the summer. I am speculating that a deal may be had within the next few weeks.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

So, when can Landry be traded?

11. faraza84

faraza84 Member

minor: barry retiring
    major: signing the rookies and trading one of them with cook for a pick or a young tall guy (cough) :eek:

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

September?

McGrady + Landry for Stoudemire + Barbosa?

oh wait - we've done that one to death already...

13. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Right....Memphis is in a HUGE hurry to unload Marc Gasol. That might have been the single dumbest trade proposal ever on this board.

14. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Dr. your forgetting scola lol

15. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

To all the people guessing deals including McGrady, do a reality check please, or at least wait a few more days to post. TMac just announced he would be in Rockets uniform next season.

My first impression is Battier will be involved in the trade, as he might be the only asset we could afford to lose and could land us an all-star level player.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Camby and Ricky Davis (shout out to carl herrera :D)

for

Shane, Cook, and Barry.

Camby is one of the better passing bigs and is a good rebounder and shot blocker. Davis had a off yr, but could play well with brooks.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Ricky Davis is a starter on the All-Knucklehead team. The only way that trade goes down is strictly as a salary dump.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

OR as a salary dump and to acquire Camby?

Davis could just get waived I guess.

19. Stilldream'n34

probably signing the rookies

20. Garner

Garner Member

If its not a HUGE deal, you have to count out the all-stars, Tracy and Yao.

If we were cutting Barry, or dealing Cook+White somewhere, well that'd be small potatos

So, you have to kind of think this may be the Battier trade. There are too many reasons that say trade Battier while his stock is as high as it will ever be and the Rockets reassemble.

I understand many of you have an un-real bromance for Battier, but you have to realize what he offers as a vet, the Rockets have no real use for.

If the Yao T-Mac era reigned as it was once hoped it would, Battier would be a key component to our lineup we wouldn't dream of giving up. However, that is not the case. We are in a position of cutting salary and acquiring young assets. Its evident we are clearing space to hit the reset button and jump into the bid for Bosh.

Either way you look at it, the Rockets will be up in playoff contention in a few very short years. Just a quick reload.