1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of Famous Rockets Quotes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Aug 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

When I was still young and first saw Hakeem, what I most remember was how devoted he was to his faith. And there was this interview where they asked him about Ramadan and how he could stand it or something, but that line where he mentions something to the effect of "that first sip of water is so sweet" or something really for some reason really shook me, how seriously he took it. I always remember that from Hakeem because I think it in many ways displayed how dedicated a person he was.

3. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Read my signature.

4. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

Shane's words,right?I like reading his blog!

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great post. Hakeem was a very exemplary man in that way.

6. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I don't know with certainty whether this is from Hakeem Olajuwon but I read somewhere that this quote was from him. This is one of my favorite quote.

"You must be enjoying what you are doing in life and not trying to do something to enjoy the life."

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to believe there was a time when Hakeem, in the pre-Rudy era was criticized by fans and sports writers with some suggesting he didn't want to be in Houston and that he should try to hide in a Lakers' gym bag so he could get to l.a.

Amazing how it all worked out.

There's hope for T-mac and Yao.

8. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

"I've been in the stands before"

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

wow, i'm pleasantly surprised by the direction this thread took. after reading page 1, i assumed this would be another t-mac bashing fest and decided not to waste time reading through. glad i changed my mind.

my favorites:

"with lamar running the break, and me and steve on the wings, it's over." - cuttino mobley speaking on rudy t's coaching career (courtesy NIKEstrad)

"man, f*** Houston." - Kenny Thomas when asked by someone from this board what he thought about the Rockets' playoff chances a year after being traded.

"I think I bring a lot of athletic-sism to the team." - Stromile Swift

"When they traded Otis, it killed them." - Charles Barkley. oops.

"now THAT's what they call porforeal vision!" - Clyde Drexler

"They should just re-sign Mo Taylor (instead of pursuing Chris Webber.) He is just as good." - Hakeem the Dream

"I am willing to play him (Shandon Anderson) one on one for a spot on the team." - Sam Mack

"Hello Houston, I am come." - Yao Ming

"I don't speak Canadian." - Steve Francis

"I am pretty surprised. I hadn't heard anything about a trade." (paraphrased) - Kelvin Cato upon being interviewed immediately following the McGrady trade

"Is it De-Ron?" - Tracy McGrady on Deron Williams. Oops.

"If anything, he should apologize to me for coming to play with his sorry fat butt." - Scottie Pippen on national television

"Because they've already won it, some of the guys on the team don't have the same sense of urgency that me and Kevin do." - Charles Barkley on a nationally televised NBC interview calling out Clyde Drexler during the '97 playoff run.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

haha love that 'I am a less athletic version of Lebron.'

11. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

12. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

"GIMMIE THAT!"

13. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

the fact that this quote took 34 posts before being mentioned is both disappointing and poetic.

14. mi0304

mi0304 Member

if it takes bloody gashes and stitches to win this series, then dang it, let's do it.

-Shane battier after Game 1 versus Lakers, 2009.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Battier: "It's the playoffs, so I just spit on it and go."

Othella Harrington (I googled and couldn't find it): "This team needs an enema."

16. joelofengland

joelofengland Member

"i gotta play with a lot of confidence" - Vernon Maxwell (just before the start of the 1994 finals).

errmmmm.......ye we kinda noticed Max!!

17. joelofengland

joelofengland Member

Oh man your sooooo right!!!!

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

"I appreciate the love. I'm looking for something great happening in the city of Houston, and believe me, something great is going to happen."

- Tracy McGrady (2004 Trade Press Conference)

This always gave me chills in the 40 years of tradition...

19. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

Good one; I actually met Othella over the weeken at five Guys around Brair Forest...Really cool guy, he seemed genially surprised that i recognized him.

20. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

whatever he said

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJtVEStfxSg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJtVEStfxSg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>