1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawrence: Rockets want Swift

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

From Mitch Lawrence's ESPN subscription article:

"Stromile Swift, who had no intentions of staying at LSU, even when he originally announced he was returning to school, is guaranteed to be a top five pick. The Rockets are already making plans to move up to get him."

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Man ! I hope we can get him , it would be awsome . The problem is that we may want to move up but the question is are we going to be able ? I sure hope so. We might just get lucky though and get there ourselfs without having to trade anyone in order to move up.

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Close this thread quick before we are buried in fantasy trade talk again!

------------------
    "We're sitting there, shooting alcohol into our veins...

We could just drink it!"

-Tommy Lee

4. Curly

Curly Member

Is that all that he left you (us) hanging with??? Very cruel, and very typical.

------------------
    In the end there will be no judges...only witnesses to my greatness.

5. 3pointer

3pointer Member

OH come on Freak , let the Fantasy begin !

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Aahhh....a diversion

So who do you think we're really after?

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

7. MManal

MManal Member

Very good news. Stromile Swift is the ideal fit for this Rockets team. Swift and Francis would be a potentially incredible tandem. With a core of Francis, Mobley, Anderson, Swift and Cato, the Rockets would have a budding championship nucleus. Swift just fits the Rockets team soooooooo well.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Damn, that does sound good. Obviously, Swift is going to go high no matter what, and knowing the Rockets' knack of pulling off the impossible deals, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that we may find ourselves drafting the 3rd, 2nd or 4th pick. Massenburg still has some value as a capable big man vet, add in an a Boy Drew who turned some heads early this season, plus our 9th pick, and the Rocks can have some GM's talking.

I'm not to familiar with Swift, except that he's versatile, athletic and flashy. Is he big enough to play PF? Can he post up effectively against the pros? How's his defense?

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

He has a Kevin Garnett type body but is 6'9. He will play pf and his defense is really well. Swift also can do some really nice dunks for a big guy. The only problem about him is that it will take time for him to grow and become a leader. He is only 20 years old but he will be something really good once he understands what to do.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Francis3 are you jumping ship and breaking up with Kenyon and hooking up with this Swift lad.
    Francis3 and Swift sitting in a tree.......K...I...S...S...I...N...G

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Mitch Lawrence is a stubby little troll.

Swift can play. Ive seen him. The Rockets could use a player that can play. What a marriage that would be.

------------------
    Cato is 7 feet tall.

12. Francis3

Francis3 Member

SmeggySmeg- Swift is a great player but Kenyon is the best in the draft. I think Im going to be a clipper fan!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

13. MManal

MManal Member

I think the way to categorize Swift would be a mix of McDyess/Webber. I know this sounds like major hype comparing some athletic 20 yr old to a combo of Webber and McDyess, but this kid is the real deal. He has been listed at 6-9 in some places and 6-10 in others. Personally, he appears closer to 6-10 than 6-9 when I saw him play. He already has pretty good post moves and a face up game, is a very good defender and shot blocker with long arms, runs the floor like a gazelle, has excellent hops and is an excellent finisher with monster dunks. He would be a perfect fit with this athletic uptempo team. He will need more bulk to bang with NBA PFs as he is only around 230 pounds, but he should be able to add it on. When he came out of HS he was a stick at around 180-190 but worked hard to bulk up to 230. He'll need about another 15 pounds, and he's set.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

14. jamma34

jamma34 Member

can someone who hassubscribed to espn post the whole article? maybe it has more detail on the rox moving up further down in the article?

------------------
    you are to be praised by gods and revered as women.

15. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Looks like Rudy had the same pre-announcement talk with Swift that Jerry Krause had with Mihm.

------------------

16. RocketsFanFromLa

Its great to see something good come out Louisiana, sports wise. I just got one word, Stro-miiiiiiiiiiiiillle!!!!

------------------

Really a member since
    March 1999.

[This message has been edited by RocketsFanFromLa (edited May 16, 2000).]

17. jamma34

jamma34 Member

didnt shaq come out of lsu?

------------------
    you are to be praised by gods and revered as women.

18. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

forget Shaq, didn't Stanley Roberts come out of LSU?

Oh, forgive me, I thought you asked if something "Big" ever came out of Louisana, not "good".

My bad. [​IMG]

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

19. hos

hos Member

i love to read about the upcoming draftees, but i know absolutely nothing about the ncaa-players. can someone tell me what the differences between Mihm, Swift and Martin are?

------------------

20. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

Stromile Swift is the best player in this year's draft and he still has more potential than mihm or martin. I d take swift over mihm and martin in a heartbeat and i hope the rox will too.

------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.