1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Expects Return to Elite Status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Jul 30, 2009.

1. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I'm going to regret this because well its you but plz name me one player who actually shows up every single night?? every single game??? This whole money argument thing is getting way out of hand. I know they don't make the same but our 15 mil broken down center doesn't show up every night either.

2. ringin08

ringin08 Member

Everything you said makes you a HATER of Tmac....and therefore not a Rocket's fan to me...at least not of this current Rockets team; because Tmac is a HUGE part of this team.

The coach is a part of the team just like the stars are a part of the team. Tmac needs to listen to the coach and the coach needs to coach according to the stars he has and their talents. It goes BOTH ways.

You might be a Rockets fan, but you clearly don't agree with the coach, GM and owner if all you do is HATE on Tmac...because they are not doing so, they are keeping him to this point and hoping for his full recovery and return to form to help the team.

So if you are going against the coach, GM and owner, aren't you exactly what you accused Tmac of being... a PRIMADONNA fan that just wants everything the way they see it?

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Kobe, KG, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli and Lebron James all play hard every single game. Im not even mentioning Battier and Scola. This is an arguement that you will lose. If you have watched the rockets for the past five years, you'll notice Tracy doesn't play hard every game. Its been a pattern through out his career.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Yao Ming gets hurt because he overexerts himself.

McGrady gets hurt because he's a lazy bum who doesn't take his career seriously when it's not a contract year.

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Well past experience causes me to temper any excitement about anything TMac says. As a rockets fan though only good can come from a healthy TMac. So, here's hoping that he is not full of $hit like he has been in the past. Besides right now his expiring won't get us any player even close to the quality of a healthy TMac.

I think Tracy gets traded whether he is healthy or not and if he is healthy then his expiring contract becomes a LOT more valuable.

Get well Tracy, I want a young player and maybe a draft pick fo yo azz.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thank you.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

haha so true. kobe would risk winning another championship if it was with shaq b/c he ain't the main guy

8. ringin08

ringin08 Member

Of course I was disappointed in what happened to Tmac with his injury, and especially the way he handled it by telling the media first!

But that doesn't make me a Tmac hater like too many on this fan board are. He still has brought many wonderful game memories and has tried to shoulder the team and push them to success, even if unsuccessful. I give him credit for saying "it's on me", even if we did lose. I can respect that because he was man enough to try to take on a huge responsibility that the whole team should have had. Most are not strong willed enough to even take on a stance like that. He has balls, even if his demeanor is laid back.

Tmac earned his contract from previous performance. I don't see that he didn't show up when healthy, but simply that he has been injured and therefore couldn't back up his talk....understandable. But he has always produced in the playoffs, even when he didn't have all the pieces needed to be a contender. If we had his playoff performances with last year's squad, we would have won it all!

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tracy get well soon, stop talking, and let your on court performance determine how much you really want it. Until you put it down on the court, I
    'm counting on the people we have now.

Please, Please, Please, stop talking!!!

We are all from Missouri, the "Show Me" state.

BTW, you could have enslisted Grover's help a long time ago. Let's not forget the December when you went away 2 weeks and said you are now ready to go only to miss a reverse what ever you were doing?

I could go on, but won't....

We could use with a little less talk and more action.

10. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I wouldn't say that Tmac simply doesn't care. More so, he conserves his energy for playing on offense and for the playoffs. He doens't play as hard during the regular season cuz he knows he's injury-prone.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Very eloquently put... I'll take the big fella with his injuries all day, because he's trying on the court. Tmac is all talk!!

12. t_mac1

you do know tracy has played through injuries moreso than any rockets in the past few years right? rushed back several times also, only to reinjure those injures to HELP THE TEAM.

13. aceman

aceman Contributing Member

Let's hope he's right and we trade him before the trade deadline.

1 person likes this.
  14. onreego

onreego Member

Wait, this is based on what fact sheet? I mean I'll go with he doesnt heal correctly cause he doesnt rehab. But you can say the same with Yao cause reports were that he took his cast off too soon because he felt ok to walk on it. Lazy bums.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nope apparently since T-mac signed his big contract he has missed every season except when it was contract season. :rolleyes:

16. RedRedemption

He doesn't get time to rehab. He plays summer basketball for China remember?

17. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Man...can you guys seriously get past using the word "HATE" or HATER" whenever someone disagrees with you or has a difference of opinion!!!!!

That's like an automatic defense for people who don't live in reality and don't WANT to be told the truth.

Fat Girl - "I KNOW I look hot in this dress" (which is 4 sizes to small and shows every wrinkle and roll imagineable)

Friend - "Actually Heather, it's a little too tight don't you think?"

Fat Girl - "Oh, you're just a hater that's all"

You see how that works?

Like I said a while ago in another thread, besides Gansta Rap, the word(s) "Hate and Hater" have been the one thing that rap music contributed to the mainstream audience that needs to banished.

18. RedRedemption

I would define hater as someone who hates on a player regardless of what he does, positive or negative.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well everyone, lets cross our fingers. Maybe he will be good or maybe not. I mean whats there to bash about now. I mean yea he gave up on the team and this and that but lets face it, all superstars cry and whine about something. Sure enough we have our own whiner and thats Tmac.

But as long as he is in a Rockets uniform, I will stand by him. He made mistakes and he was hurt. Microfracture is no joke at all. But at least he is willing to work out with Grover. I see Grover did wonders to Dwade when everyone count him out. Just last season, everyone was saying he was no longer the player he was and he was going on a decline and he sucks and this and that. I mean Dwade was bashed just as much as Tmac. But after training with Grover, Dwade came back and I can honestly say he is the BEST player in the league today. Better than LBJ and Kobe. He is more talented with a crappier team.

I am not saying Tmac is like Wade or anything but the man is talented people. He can school NBA players with one leg. He is no Lebron James but I can say he is more talented than James but Lebron is just a freak. Why can everyone just stop bashing him and just wait and see what and how he will come back out. Hold the bashing back and wait til he start playing. If he still sucks, go ahead and let it out. But I just feel like we should give him a chance, I mean he is human.

20. t_mac1

really? in 05-06, the team was losing, he rushed back from his back spasms TWICE, only to re-injured it. the team doctors said this when his season was ended when he was carted OFF looking like he'll never play again. that's not "over-exertion."

in 07-08, he rushed back from his knee injury instead of more rest ala carl landry b/c the team was struggling. unfortunately, he had to sit out a longer time.

lazy guys stay on the bench and never want to do anything to earn their paychecks. last yr, tracy tried to play hurt. unfortunately, he doesn't have a PR team to help him. usually, when you try to play hurt, you get fans on your side. but his unprofessionalism hurt him.