1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Expects Return to Elite Status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Jul 30, 2009.

1. foofo

foofo Member

I have no doubt that he will be better than last year, when he returns. That's the point for him to undergo the surgery.
    But I doubt that if he is gonna be return as the old t-mac (like 04/05 season)

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree completely. Can't wait to see the change in heart of many here if/when he does come back healthy and leads this team. It's still a stretch because of the nature of that surgery. It simply takes time to recover. But, by the looks of things, he's doing quite well. Besides, what's he supposed to say in the interview?

3. himself

himself Member

Nice marketing.............................

Sometimes I feel like the whole basketball court could fit in Mac's mouth.

I wonder if his brain and heart are as strong as the knee.

1 person likes this.
  4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

A phenomenal number of people actually do subscribe to this theory. Anyway, you have to take everything McGrady says with a gigantic salt-shaker, but Grover and his comments are very encouraging.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Who are you, sir, and what is a "Groogrux?" Return the former member who has flown the coop! Or keep the member and return the person! ;) :p

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I hope for his sake, and the sake of entertainment, he does come back better than ever. He was a fantastic player to watch, sky was the limit (and his back/knee). Even if he does get back 100%, I hope his stay with the Rockets is over after this next season. Time for everyone to move on.

This team will rely solely on Tracy once he comes back, which should be fun to watch.

7. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

damn it, T-Mac getting my hopes up again

8. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

sooo...Tracy wants to be T-mac again...I hope he will come through because i think think i heard him say some things that sounded just like it last year...but you never know, he is going to be playing for money now.

I still believe in TMAC!

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

As long as he's playing for something...

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Tmac brings his unwounded extremely-talented self back to the court, then great. Either gives us a boost or, more likely, makes him useful in a trade.

We'd be stupid to re-sign him next year; and we can't land a top tier 2010 free agent unless we trade for one; so, yes, welcome back, Tmac, for however brief it may be.

In any case, he always talks a big game. "I'm gonna shut it down, train hard, and shut up my critics." Maybe this is what he wanted but his body didn't cooperate. Grover's words help, though.

I still say trade him, he's on the downward slope anyway.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That is a very huge if.

12. Summer Song Giver

I hope he plays his ass off and does return to elite status.... so we can trade him.

Eff TMAC!

13. ringin08

ringin08 Member

I personally think Tmac cares just a little too much about wanting fans to love him before he does his work on the court, hence his continued marketing campaign. But that aside, I do believe that he will bounce from this latest injury completely and return to elite status. He simply just still has the talent as long as he is not injured.

The problem is that even when he is 100% recovered from this injury and can return to elite status, no player in the league can guarantee that they won't get another separate fluke injury. So therefore I think Tmac should just use that desire for love from his fan base to motivate him in private to do what it takes to get his game back on top to be one of the best 5 players in the league again. Then if he accomplishes that and doesn't get any other injuries, he would have the last word by returning to elite status and getting the love he wants from his fans and silencing his critics.

What I don't understand is why as long as he is still a Rocket, his worst critics are supposed Rockets fans. Critizing our players actions in certain games is one thing, debating if another of our players is better to start over another player is one thing, asking for a trade with a better player or deal for a good asset we have is even cool; but most of you just hate on Tmac because of his injuries verse how much he got paid; as if YOU are the one that paid him.

Tmac definitely isn't Hakeem, but I will still never forget watching all the fans leave that San Antonio game where with 13 seconds left, he scored double digits and we won that game. That is a special talent my friends!

If you can't cheer for Tmac successful's recovery and return to make the Rockets a better team, then please either shut up or go find another team and board to cheer for and post your trash on! Tmac is still a Rocket and this board is for Rockets fans, not haters! (although I know you won't go anywhere)

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

But what if he is a top-tier 2010 free agent and we have his Bird rights?

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I noticed McGrady just said he would be back, not an estimate of when.

Has he made any indications as to a time table he expects in any other interviews?

16. Garner

Garner Member

I'm not sure why there is such a buzz about this? T-Mac is the highest paid player in the NBA. This is what he should be saying. Oh, and its contract year.

It'd be ludacris for him to be making public statements questioning his health.

As for those of you who are speculating about his "early return"....I hardly consider being hopeful for his first complete season in what? 5 years? an early return.

Trust more in what the trainer is saying than T-Mac. He has a reputation to maintain....T-Mac....well not so much.

17. Summer Song Giver

SnT?

Eff TMAC

1 person likes this.
  18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wats all the tmac hate man? tmac could have been better than kobe and wade if he was healthy. its just he had all those injuries and his body did not cope.

If he plays his ass off....why would we trade him? contenders wont give up valuable pieces for him and whats the point of rebuilding teams getting a 30 year old tmac? if they wanted his contract they wouldnt care how good he played.

do not trade tmac! enjoy watching his prime years while we can!!!!!!

tmac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

co-sign

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Rox, the fact the he's training with Grover makes me somewhat optimistic. Sometimes I just wish he would not talk and just play it low key. I think he puts more pressure on himself by opening his mouth. Even though I believe they will never get equal value for him in a trade, if the right deal comes down the pike it wouldn't surprise me to see the rockets pull the trigger. He's still the rockets best closer.