1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Expects Return to Elite Status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Jul 30, 2009.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

So you think we can be better than an 8th seed? The 7th, then? Regardless, T-Mac is not going to lead us out of the first round?

And the last time I checked, Chase, Jermaine, and Ariza all share the same wing positions as T-Mac.

2. Rocketfanatic2

Still a lot of criticism going around, but it's good to know that he is confident he can return. He sounds like he is for real about getting back on the court and being an elite player again. Not only would that be great for him, but for the team as well. Hope what he says is true, and if it is, this will be an extremely fun team to watch this year. ( Even though they always are.) :D

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wow, did he garantee he'll drop 30's next season... :eek: o ****, let the hogging begin.

4. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

If he Drops 30's with good efficiency than I won't mind :)

5. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

McGrady is in the best scenario he could be in right now for a player coming off microfracture surgery on a contract year.

No Yao Ming, no Artest. Just McGrady time.

6. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

guys it's his contract year so he's bound to perform well for another nice contract :cool:

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

there's a rising BEAST in aaron brooks. and scola has to earn tons of respect for what he did last yr. tracy has to understand that if he wants to repair his image.

8. McGreat1

McGreat1 Member

not only as a TMAC fan but as a houston rocket fan..this is good news among all the bad that we've had recently...i hope our roster could hold the fort until our big fish comes back..i just hope that YAO's rehab would be as successful.,.just looking back the TMAC and YAO era was the best ive witnessed since the dream championship days...the barkely and the stevie franchise era was kinda ok but i really ejoyed the journey of yao and tmac..and yeah you have to take the rollercoaster ride w/ these 2 stars but its the journey that i love.,.how nice to have a story book ending for these 2 by winning a championship in houston...sigh.........hey its the offseason..we can drift a little

9. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Regardless of his level of play next season (if he stays), I hope the Rockets don't extend his contract. Not even for the minimum. I'm tired of putting up with his bull**** year after year. Just move on.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i hope he can come back strong and play his ass off next year.

1 person likes this.
  11. AB423

AB423 Member

Hope T-Mac the best and hope the Rockets re-sign him for decent money. It'll be wierd seeing T-Mac in another jeresy/

1 person likes this.
  12. McGreat1

McGreat1 Member

hehe.,.im love TMAC but i found this really funny...nice one dude...but when the season starts i hope TMAC wont give u a chance to say 'i told u so'..but i do hope he plays well and can carry us through out..

13. SlamIt

SlamIt Member

I actually believe him, and deep down I still have a high hope for him to come back and be a great player again he once was. Let's be positive...and I am excited to hear the news. Come back strong, T-Mac!!!

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Yeah I think I feel a surging Aaron Brooks this year and Scola is gonna have a beast season.

15. vinsanity89

vinsanity89 Member

I think we got Better than our playoff team.

Brooks
    Battier
    Ron
    Scola
    Chuck-Landry

or

Brook
    Tmac
    Ariza-Battier
    Landry
    Scola-Andersen

We got a chance to still get 5-8 seed

1. Lakers
    2. Blazers
    3. Spurs
    4. Mavs
    5. Rockets
    6. Nuggets
    7. Hornets
    8. Jazz

1. Cavs
    2. Magic
    3. Celtics
    4. Raptors
    5. Heat
    6. Wizards
    7. Bulls
    8. Hawks

16. gotsis

gotsis Member

hauahuaahau made me laugh

17. joelofengland

joelofengland Member

hope to welcome you back soon tracy!

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I almost believe him.

19. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

If he want, he still the top 10 in the league. so I believe he will come back strong next season... :D

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

good point, but your forgetting wafers instant offense off the bench last year, i dont think ariza quite has that scoring ability. i think were better for sure, but thats not a title contender. you get yao back (unlikely) were in the conference finals.