1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks have advanced talks with Wafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stilldream'n34, Jul 24, 2009.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

nike, screwup is a poor choice, maybe miscalculating is better. If Landry was signed to the milsap or novak deal, this yr would be the qualifying tender of about 900k and next yr would be restricted. Right now, landry would be just cracking the 800k in salary. That leaves a lot more for the mle. Barry shouldve been a 1.2 m late summer signing to which only 700 k would count against the cap and lt vs the full 1.9m. I guess we can say hindsight is 20/20, but we're talking about 2 guys counting 1.5m vs the 5m they count now. That's a pretty good chunk of change.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Start a new thread for Warrick instead of posting about him in every thread that's not about him. lol.

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

..haha, but I could post threads like 2 weeks ago, but for some reason I cant now...

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Oh gosh another Wafer thread. 1st it was Wafer and the Suns now its Wafer and the Knicks. Gosh why can't guys just face the fact that he isn't coming back. The man had one magical season and now all of a sudden guys think he is the real deal.
    Is Wafer the new Steve Francis or something. I remember the love fest for bring steve back. Are guys going to bug this site with bring Wafer back. Jeez I hope not.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

C'mon! There were many Mike Harris threads last season. Same deal here. Like it or not, this is a Rockets homer board. :)

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

The day that whining & pouting ballhogger leaves, makes WHATEVER day it is ... a good day.

Let's break the bank to sign Von Wafer! :rolleyes:

7. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i'd be all over that. i've always liked Warrick a lot. I wonder what Morey thinks about him in our system. I'm sure management has talked about it. should be interesting to see where he ends up.

8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

'One magical season'? How many should he have had by now, 4 or 5? The guy just turned 24 years old for crying out loud. He's younger than both of our 'young studs', Landry and Brooks. In fact, let me repeat that.

Von Wafer is younger than both Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks.

Sure, he's played for, and been let go by, a few teams. But if Landry and/or Brooks had left college early like Wafer, it's entirely possible, if not probable, that similar things would have happened to them. Actually, since Landry and Brooks were drafted 31st and 26th after big senior years that raised their stock enormously, is there any guarantee they'd have been drafted at all a year earlier?

9. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Sign and trade him with Kryptonate :D

10. hahachui

hahachui Member

i got a question about MLE

you guys always said let budinger and wafer to split the MLE...
    doesn't our new big man Anderson use some of the MLE already?

11. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Maybe they meant whatever is left of the MLE after the Andersen signing.

12. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Yes, Andersen is getting 2.1 million of the 5.9 MLE. So, we have about 3.8 to split between Taylor, Budinger, and Wafer or whoever we are looking to add.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, maybe because your eggs are scrambled? :p

Dude, kill the giant fonts, OK? You're making our eyes hurt. And it doesn't get you the kind of attention you want.

#113 Deckard, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009