1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who can beat Lesnar?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Joker, Jul 23, 2009.

1. The Joker

The Joker Member

Can anyone beat Lesnar? Honestly, I think Fedor would be a good fight but he is getting old, and Lesnar is a whole new Heavyweight. Do you guys see anyone beating him anytime soon?

2. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Stone Cold Steve Austin

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the Black Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley. damn, that's got a nice ring to it.

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Bret the hitman hart will use the sharpshooter!!!

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lesnar = 32 years old

fedor = 32 years old

i think barnett (before the idiot got busted with roids) could beat him. i'd like to see a healthy nog against him. nog is just better than mir and if the guy was even 50% in that mir fight then he would have won. fedor would certainly be lesnar. i also think carwin and velasquez are more than interesting matchups as well. i also wish fedor's bro alexander could get into america to fight (i think the felony from russia causes problems with the visa lol). he would be another excellent addition to the ufc heavyweight ranks.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

meh....he needs a lot more ring time before he is ready. if he trains as hard as brock does then he could be a good matchup in the future but he needs a lot of work on his striking imo.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Kurt Angle. I'm dead serious about this.

9. duwende

duwende Member

THE BIG SHOW

10. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

isnt lesnar like 45 pounds heavier than fedor?

nobody can beat lesnar

11. tested911

tested911 Member

Fedor.. If your new to MMA you would think the Big guys only focus on power and ground and pound but Fedor is actually a technical fighter. Fedor is going to be on top for a long time just because he's that damn good on the ground. I've yet to see someone match Fedor in the ring.

12. tested911

tested911 Member

Weight means crap if you don't know how to use it wisely. Fedor defeated that 7 footer Korean dude like it was nothing. That guy had 75 pounds easily on Fedor.

13. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

And he's a beast standing up. That last fight, Mir was stinging him standing up then Lesnar put his weight on him and ended that. I think if Fedor fights him, brock will be exposed. I'm hoping he drops lesnar then breaks his arm in an armbar.

I also hear there's a black dude in Strikeforce who could give him a run. Don't know his name though.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know that Brock haters love to keep saying that Mir was "stinging" him or "dominating him" in the standup, but he had like a 5 or 6 second flurry in the second round that was thwarted as quickly as it began.

15. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Kimbo Slice! wait are we talking about fake fights like Pro Wrestling or MMA ones?

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fedor would rock his world. Fedor is just as big and strong and has tons more skill.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Have you seen that dude lately? He's lost some weight. I wish the guy had the stamina for basketball, he'd be a force. He's the only player who could knock shaq out with his elbows.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ken Shamrock or better yet, Dan "The Beast" Severn and with his tie and dress shirt on as well! :eek:

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a huge MMA fan, but from what I have seen of different leagues (UFC, PRIDE, AFFLICTION, etc) I simply can't imagine anyone beating Fedor until he really starts to slow down with age. Unless someone gets a lucky shot in, and it would have to be really lucky because I've seen Fedor take some pretty serious shots to the head and still manage to recompose himself and win the fight. He just doesn't have any weaknesses. Even on the ground, for his size, he is lightning quick with his submission moves. On his feet, he can take a punch and, even though he doesn't look like a pillar of strength, his punches land like concrete.

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

In the UFC I think Carwin would beat Brock if he gets past Valesquez. The man wears bigger custom made gloves than Lesnar and has heavier hands than him and throws punches like a boxer. He appears to be more technically sound in that aspect. The man has been fighting part time until recently and will likely be training full time with Couture full time who has experience in the ring against Lesnar. There would be no weight advantage like in all of Lesnar's fights and really the only thing Lesnar has over Carwin is his speed which is still a huge advantage but it hasn't effected Carwin so far. You can't argue against a 10-0 record with all first round victories though.

I think Machida could if he stayed at his natural weight which is a heavyweight instead of cutting to LHW. I think if your natural training weight is that of a heavyweight then you can definitely compete in that division and may actually perform better. He may actually perform better since he wouldn't have to dehydrate himself. I think that's also one of Fedor's advantages. He doesn't have to cut weight. He's hydrated. He's at full strength unlike a lot of other fighters. I bet if Fedor lost his chubby body his natural weight would probably be a LHW which I think is even more impressive since he's fought against guys bigger than him. If you look at some LHW fighters that haven't cut in photos next to him they actually look better than Fedor. It would be very cool to see Fedor compete in the LHW division since it probably the most stacked division in MMA.

I think Nog could probably take Lesnar if he was in his old form back in PRIDE, but I think he's taken too much damage and is starting to show his age. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets Parkinson's by the time he hits 50 because he's taken way too many shots to the head. It's unreal how he's been able to stay conscious through it all and still put up a fight. I think Fedor has probably taken at least 10 years off Nog's life after their first bout.

Outside of the UFC I definitely think Fedor would win. He's just plain better than Lesnar in every aspect and I think would be too slippery even if he was taken on the ground. I don't see him being pinned and looking helpless like Mir was. I'm starting to think being a BJJ black belt is a bit overrated. It doesn't automatically mean any BJJ expert is a master on the ground against someone without a similar résumé.