1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[travel request] ROXRAN vaca. pt. 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ROXRAN, Jul 19, 2009.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Okay last time I requested info. about Atlanta for a family vaca., and I got all these great info. recommended for "gentleman's clubs", nice...

BTW, I loved Atlanta, the drivers suck, but the folks are very friendly. Apparently a pure baseball city. I brought the soccer ball to a park (for 4th of July fireworks) and they thought I was C. Ronaldo or something...The coca cola factory was cute, the Georgia Aquarium was good (but I expected more?), but you guys have to see Stone Mountain. Very nice. If you are into mountain biking, it's a great background. Honestly their heralded feature (the laser show) is under whelming, but lot's of folksy shows and you have to plan your day to maximize things...SO MANY restaurants especially in the affluent Alphraetta area where we stayed.

Back on topic this time it's just me and mrs. ROXRAN. Time for just each other and having some long special time. We need this to break the routine. Everyone does of course. Well B-bob once recommended Asheville, NC and that's where we are going. We are going to see the Biltmore (www.biltmore.com), it is only 4 hrs. from us and I wonder has anyone been there and what else is there to do....

Also this July 26th is our 13th anniversay!. How we made it this long?....In the words of Snape,..."no idea".

2. Smokey

Smokey Member

Is that the hotel with the 5 star McDonalds?

3. right1

right1 Member

Will you be driving? From Tennessee? Can't remember...isn't that we you live? Just got back from the Blue Ridge mountains in North Georgia. 78 degrees all afternoon. It was awesome. Was kind of dreading being back in H-town, but at least we got some rain here yesterday.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Yes. Nashville,...we got a weird cool front. Weather has been awesome, which got me also going crazy for football and watching the Texans on NFL sunday ticket.

5. right1

right1 Member

6. right1

right1 Member

Oh...and the Asheville Tourists are in town for a homestand.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

Oh man if you are going up that way you have to drive this stretch of road even if you are in a rental car.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

TAIL OF THE DRAGON AT DEALS GAP, with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road. ELEVATION CHANGE: Tabcat Bridge to Deals Gap - plus 1085 feet

8. CalvinM

CalvinM Member

Former Houstonian here living in the Asheville area. What are you looking to do? Tons of great hikes in the area. Climbing, paddling, boating, good eats, local flair. Let me know what you're interested in.