1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers retract offer to Odom

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Chiron, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Chiron

Chiron Member

"LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Lakers have retracted an offer to Lamar Odom, saying that talks to re-sign the free agent have stalled.

Lakers public relations director John Black said the team had taken the offer off the table in the past two days.

"There are specifics behind why we pulled it, but that's not something we're going to get into," Black said.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Lakers owner Jerry Buss had offered Odom two deals. One was worth $36 million for four years and the other was for $10 million a season for three years."

LINK

2. Chiron

Chiron Member

Not the full article...just click the link to see the rest.

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Odom gambled and is trying to test the market but might end up accepting a pay cut. Remember Bonzi. :D

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"I'm retracting that it was ever offered"

[​IMG]

"I retract your retraction"

[​IMG]

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trippy that the dude didn't jump on that kind of money from the defending champs.

6. bladebucket05

bladebucket05 Member

HEY THIS GUY DOES DESERVE MONEY BUT THE NOT THE KIND THAT HE WANTS I THINK WE SOULD MAKE A SERIOUSE RUN AT HIM. HE WOULD FILL MANY VOIDS IN OUR TEAM , HE COULD PLAY FULL TIME AT POWER FOWARD GIVING SCOLA TIME AT CENTER WHICH SCOLA CAN REALLY PLAY WELL IN MY OPINION.

SO WE'LL HAVE ANDERSON ,SCOLA,HAYES, AND ALSO DORSEY AT CENTER THATS A DEEP POSITION PROBABLY THE STRONGEST POSITION ON THIS TEAM?

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

did your cap lock key break in the on position?

Lighten up there hoss....we dont need you yelling at us.

8. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Yeah...stop yelling...LOL

I would love to have Odom but not at that kind of money.

Now if he sat around and all the free agent money dried up then he might be willing to make a deal but I would think the fakers would get first shot regardless.

But who knows....

9. blender

blender Member

I don't really care where Odom ends up, but I'd love to see him go to another team, just to make things more interesting. Also, all eyes will then be on Artest. Can he make up for the loss of Ariza and Odom, etc.?

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

It would be great if Odom went elsewhere. I remember the Kimmel show where Kobe was on with Ariza and a some other lakers.. Kobe said, "He'll be back", when asked about Odom.. very confidently I might add.

I would love to see it all blow up in they facesss.. maybe Buss was contacted to help pay for the Jackson Memorial, so they did not have enough money to extend to Odom, what with LA going broke and all.

That's what happens when the Terminator is your Gov'nor.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Good point. Teams would not be so one sided. The great ones and the rest. The league should try to balance the teams and spread the wealth. :D

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Champions plus Artest but minus Ariza and Odom = No repeat

Kobe's getting old quick and if you don't believe Ron is going to come in a wreck locker room chemistry you have not been watching the NBA for the last 8 years. LA had a crew of followers who fell right in line behind Kobe and his bullying. Not anymore. Forget the actual production Odom gave them which was substantial most nights. Of course, he never helped them much in big games but with Kobe forced to carry more of the load this season you can be sure he won't have as much in the tank for the playoff run.

14. conquistador#11

this thread is awesome, just for the costanza and seinfeld quotes.
    That's a lot of money to turn down, maybe the knicks can give a better offer. As long as he is gone from la it's all good.

15. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Odom is an idiot. He should have ran to sign the 4 year deal. He is not worth anymore than that and will be playing in at least the WCF for the nest few years. 9mil per can buy a lot of candy.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FevMimZyeLI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FevMimZyeLI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. rocketsmetalspd

Odom will sign with the Lakers just some bs going on between both parties.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Odom doesn't want to backup Artest.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Just heard that Odom may accept the heats' offer for 5 years MLE.

20. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

The more I follow this story the more I feel the Heat have the inside track with how Jerry Buss is treating his Championship players lately.