1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations after Andersen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ok so Morey was able to get the squad a decent big man with upside rather than the conventional options of veterans like Ben Wallace or Drew Gooden, young guys with potential like Petro or Hollins and he did not give into demands for big time studs like Amare or to a lesser level Okafor which keeps the Cap in a good spot for next summer. As unconventional as Morey’s acquisition may be Andersen does the trick and with the rumblings that Chris Wilcox may have an offer on the table he would add the muscle Andersen lacks. So how have expectations changed for everyone considering what we have and might have with additional moves that need to be made due to the configuration of the team along with the clear direction Morey has taken?

Potential Lineup if Wilcox Signs and Von leaves…obvious trades are coming!

Andersen/Wilcox/Dorsey/YAO
    Scola/Landry/Hayes/Cook
    Battier/Buddinger/Barry
    Ariza/Taylor/White/TMAC
    Brooks/Lowry

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

why does andersen have upside?

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking...

How much upside does Andersen have at his age? He just turned 29.

After his adjustment period (about 1 season), I'd say what you see is what you get.

He doesn't have much upside in the traditional sense like when you're discussing a young player with potential.

I'd say it's more of a matter of him being an unknown since he has yet to play an NBA game.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Expectations AFTER Andersen? Geez... all you people wants is more more more more and MORE!!!!

LEAVE MOREY ALONE!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/A2C58CDFF32FA25C&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/A2C58CDFF32FA25C&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

5. BrooksBall

Don't get me wrong, I like the little I've seen of Andersen.

He seems like an interesting player given the current situation. Potentially a good fit for Adelman's preferred style of play.

A bonus is that if Brooks is still around, Andersen's mobility and ability to play further away from the basket will cover up some of Brooks' weaknesses. We'll be able to run more and he'll be an easier target than Yao. His ability to stretch the defense will also open up the driving lanes.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We still won't be very good. With that proposed lineup it would be optimistic to win 40 games. Sorry, but good teams are built on star power.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Justin Williams. Joey Dorsey. Darryl Morey doesn't exactly have the best track record at the center position... my expectation is Anderson might not be an NBA caliber player.

8. rockets934life

I should clarify I dont mean upside as far as a 19 yr old kid who will only improve but more like Brooks is saying...we dont know how he will be and has the potential to be a good player after an adjustment period much like Scola...no one new how he would adjust and now he can be considered an above avg power forward with a tremendous amount of hustle and heart.

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

Enlighten me

10. rockets934life

Well if we do sign Wilcox there are 17 players on the team so 2 will need to go...I doubt we just release them with the possible exception of White who is only partially guaranteed so....I believe Barry and Cook will be moved somehow but for who is another question that can be asked. All this might change if they decide to move Battier plus fillers for a SG like Fernandez and something else.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We're signing Wilcox?

12. monster

monster Member

Expecting another Scola success story may be reaching, but it doesn't hurt to have a positive attitude towards it all. Nobody is expecting Andersen to be the 2nd coming of Yao. He fills a need (tall guy) for a good price. We aren't trying to tank the season, but our expectations are realistic, and barring a small miracle, we're focusing more on the following season and the options we may have.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's what Twitter said. Twitter knows all.

14. BrooksBall

I don't remember the exact details of the Francis trade last season but didn't we essentially pay the Griz to take him off our hands?

Point being, that may be how we get down to a 15-man roster if no reasonable 2-for-1 type deal comes along.

15. joesr

joesr Member

I believe there was a offer and it has yet to be removed since the news of Anderson.

16. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I think we're done. Maybe a trade during the season, that's it though.

17. opticon

opticon Member

I would like to know as well. Since when did that rumor get legs? In my mind I don't see a big of his caliber being signed for the mle. But we do live in a diffrent world these days.

I never thought I was see the day that Allen Iverson would sign for a 2 or 3 mil a year deal so I guess anything is possible.

I just did some reading on espn...

Wilcox only made 6.7 mil this past season. He is only 26 so age should drive his price down at all. I could see him asking for the full mle but I doubt any team would give it to him since his production was down last season.

He is a careen 9 and 5 guy in today's economy that worth maybe 3 mil a year?

Do you think Morey would be willing to pay 3 mil a year to a 6'10 forward who would be playing out of position at center?

I my self have no idea it would be worth it or not.

18. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Ah, and here we go already with Chuck Hayes being bumped to the back of the rotation in favor of a guy who hasn't played his first NBA game...

A guy that was projected to see limited minutes behind Zaza "6 pts, 6 reb" Pachulia...

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

he does not

20. damienh28

damienh28 Member

Tracy is are leader
    Tracy is my favorite
    Tracy is the 2010 MIP and MVP
    Tracy Is the Best

He is going to return to do damage with whatever team he go to

As Far as Andie Rocketnokis
    He is going to help Tracy lead us to the finals