1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer to sign with Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

DD loves Wafer but hates TMac.

Does not compute.

Injuries derailed TMac, while Von, as shown, is a head case who got into it with RA.....in a playoff game.

That's not competitiveness that's being a bone head.

Granted, Von has been a nice surprise, and provided much needed scoring off the bench, but, with the drafting of Taylor and Chase, the writing is on the wall.

GL Von wherever you land

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In my experience public hissy fits like Wafers are usually just the tip of the iceberg and there was likely a lot more bs from him that we will never know about. Some people are teachable, some aren't. If the Rockets let Wafer go, they have probably determined that he is the latter, and they have a lot more info than we do.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

lolz, good point.

Rep left.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Ron is gone, Von is gone, I wonder who is next. Long offseason. Anything can happen.

It seems like all the over-rated / over-hyped guys are being let go by the rockets. Von was over-rated and over-hyped on this board now he is gone. Ron wasn't Ron. Defense was over-rated. Just cause he was defensive player of the year like 5 years ago doesn't mean he would bring the same defense here.

Steve Francis?? Haha don't get me started. Like i said I wonder who is next.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He's going to be good with Nash.

6. tmacwillbeback

But won't miss this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIFwBPvc6_0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIFwBPvc6_0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not want to add much to this. Von Wafer is a free agent and a grown man who does not want to play for the rockets. He said earlier he wanted to stay with houston (twitter blahblah) and made a U-Turn just because of money. IMO he has no idea what loyalty is
    man he should grow a pair and ask Ariza a true word is worth!

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

That's if he even sees the floor. Honestly if he couldn't even be good with Kobe I doubt he will be good with Nash. Jason Richardson, and Barbosa are going to take up all the mins at the 2 spot.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I just conducted a survey on Wafer signing with Phoenix, and the results are incredible:

Do you agree with the Rockets decision to not resign Von Wafer?
    a. Strongly Agree.
    b. Agree.
    c. No opinion.
    d. Disagree.
    e. Strongly disagree.

Managers- 80% strongly disagree, 10% disagree, only 3% agree, 2% no opinion.

Peons who have never managed anyone- 95% strongly agree, 4% agree, 0.5 % disagree, 0.5% disagree.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I don't blame Von about the money, personally I would try and make as much loot as possible.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The attitude problem that Rox do not want to deal with with Von Hawk is that the VW wants starter minutes and Adelman wants to give 1/2 of that. That makes for an irresolvable difficulty IF VeeDub is getting >1.5mm.

If Wafe would come in accepting his role and then work his arse off to expand it then the fit would be there, meaning here.

BTW - Is it official that VW is a Sun?

12. blender

blender Member

Talentwise, JR Smith is on a level from Wafer. Plus, I've seen him play much better defense than Wafer. I never understood people saying they were the same, except maybe in that they're both young hotheads and play the same position.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Kerr says Defense Defense Defense and runs out a Nash - Von Hawk backcourt? :D

14. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

This made me laugh!!

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You need balance my friend. You can't have a team full of guys scared to shoot like shane nor can you have a team full of guys who shoot a lot. Wafer is what the rox needed with so many guys who can't get their own shot. You can call smith a loser, but he's had more post season success than anyone on the rockets except the coattail rider barry. So I guess the entire rockets team is full of losers? The fact is he is 23 and getting better. Will he ever be a all star? Maybe not, but guys like stephen jackson, jr smith, and even carmello have shown that some guys take longer to mature. I see threads on this board clamoring for rudy fernandez, but what does he do better than Von and what did he do in the playoffs? The rockets finally found a young , athletic, explosive sg who was cheap and getting better. Maybe he wanted too much money, who knows? I think to not make him one of your priorities , but not being stupid is a mistake. So when the rockets have trouble cracking 80 ppg next year and Von is dropping 16 in phoenix, people will look back at this. The rockets won a ring with a couple of immature guys like maxwell and cassell. Both guys were chuckers like you say if you were watching the rockets then. Jackson won a title with San Antnio and he was pretty much in the same boat as von. He's young,cheap, and getting better. So believe what you may, but von is a good player.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill, I was trying to explain that the reason I look at it differently is due to my life experience, and the reason you and others look at it differently is due to your own experiences.

It is not CEO mentality Moes, it is asset management, it is about getting the most out of what you got, and knowing that young inexperienced talented people are going to screw up, and that you use that to teach them what they did wrong and give them another chance.

I am not saying him getting tossed from a game by Adelman was right, it was wrong, I am saying you can still MANAGE that asset for the good of the team and he will grow from it.

I guess you would rather make a lame attempt at humor without comprehending the intent.

Honestly, when you have kids, or you start to manage a group you might view things differently...that is all I am saying....nothing more.

I think Von has value, you would rather he move on, for one mistake...good luck with your kids or future employees with that philosophy...

LOL.

DD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just me being pissed that he left if its true. He could do much more here with the team. I certainly won't blame morey for this.
    And obviously he isnt getting much more

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is funny, but I wouldn't call anyone a peon.....they just have different life experience to draw from.

DD

19. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

What's mind boggling is that you can't take an opinion different than yours. I don't think you've ever managed anyone successfully with that my-way-or-highway attitude that you have. You're "mindboggled" at the fact that SO MANY PEOPLE are countering your points. There's liek 50 people here that are mindboggled at your stubborness. At least aknowledge the valid points of others. jeebus!

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I broke down the statistics in my survey further.

Do you agree with the Rockets decision to not resign Von Wafer?
    a. Strongly Agree.
    b. Agree.
    c. No opinion.
    d. Disagree.
    e. Strongly disagree.

Parents- 95% strongly disagree, 3% disagree, only 1% agree, 1% no opinion.

People with limited life experience- 99% strongly agree, 1% agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.