1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Acquire Rights to David Andersen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jul 14, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

No one is thinking that. He is what he is. An under the MLE value pick up.

The Rockets wanted a stop gap C but only for so much, see Marcin Gortat, and they achieved that.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He is not Brad Miller or Divac. He averaged 0.8 assists and he is not a strong rebounder.

He reminds me more of Okur, offensively versatile. He can rise up and nail the 3 pter. Great FT%, FG%, and 3pt%, Not a stroung rebounder or blocker, poor passer.

3. onreego

onreego Member

I wish we could have gotten rid of Cook somehow with this one, but good pick up none the less.

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

He's not going to be our savior. He's going to be the 2009-2010 Rookie of the year. ;)

5. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

looks like another brad miller to me. Nice pick up morey, just what we needed, more range, and size to go along with a post game. Maybe we can bring deke back to coach him up on some defense

6. Garner

Garner Member

ha, Griffin has it locked up.

7. BetterThanEver

That's what I said about Oden. haha.

8. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

what's this guy's defense like? i see his offense isn't too bad, can spread the floor or post fade. can he bang with other centers?

9. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

Chuck hayes and a 2055 second rounder for fernandez!

10. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

Hope he can shoot free throws because the way he flails around he's going to draw a lot of fouls or get beat to hell. That said i'm good with this. Cheap, tall and can shoot a bit. He'd be a nice change of pace backup for Yao if we were going to have Yao that is.

11. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

he has many weaknesses to his game, as others have pointed out, but considering his extremely low cost, it was a very smart move. hopefully he can use this season to develop his game. if he turns out to be talented, we can limit yao's minutes significantly when he returns the season after next.

12. Garner

Garner Member

yea, but Oden averages what...10 fouls over 48minutes?

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Ok. We acquired the rights to him. What do we have to do now to get him on the court. There's no International Law orcing him to come over and play for us right? Does anyone know if and when he intends to come over? Knowing Morey, I hope I'm correct in assuming that he's about 5 steps ahead of me and already figured that part out before he traded for him.

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson looks better than any of the scrubs left on the free agent scrap heap. I'd rather have a better player but beggars can't be choosers. He may make a good back up when Yao comes back.

15. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

Solid pick-up, but I don't think Andersen's the answer to our lack of low-post presence. His statistics overseas aren't eye-popping, and he's already 29. He'll provide depth in the frontcourt, but Morey needs to make another move to acquire a proven big man.

We sent Atlanta cash and future considerations, so I'm guessing that means we surrender one of our second-round picks in the '10 or '11 draft...

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No way, no way. Perhaps swap of 2nd round positions is 'future considerations'. Perhaps rights deal for Childress could ensue. Perhaps, perhaps...

17. BetterThanEver

0 fouls for most of the season. Bigs get injured easily.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The guy is quoted as saying he wants to be here (NBA). I'd guess the contract has already been worked out.

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Morey never would have traded for him if he didn't have a deal in place. Andersen has a deadline to get signed for July 15th which is why the trade went down today. No reason to think that Morey did all of this just for show.

20. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

He is our Vlade Divac, but wayyyy more talented. Looks like he will fit in with adelman's system perfectly.

Daryl Morey = Best GM in Houston, and in the top 5 GM's in all of sports.