1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A quick critique on my jumper plzzz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jcee15, Jul 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

your shot looks like....i think damon stoudamire's? I think that's the shot i'm thinking off....i know i've seen an NBA guy shoot that way, not one of the younger guys though..

if it goes through almost all the time why do you want a critique? There's obviously a textbook form, but it doesn't work for everyone. If you're hitting at a high rate already, then it may just need a minor tweak or may be all mental, just pay attention to any differences on the shots you miss..

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

your girlfriend sounds HOT though. can y ou post something else.. ;)

3. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I think you're spot on. My shot is deadly from mid range .......which I love to shoot, but my 3 point and beyond shot feels forced. I'll look into that when im just shooting around

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Dude is quick. Real quick.

5. jcee15

ppreciate that Kam. I don't think I was participating in a combine where my physical abilities and size were being tallied. I simply found this on my fiancee's computer and decided to post it.

6. jcee15

QFT!!!!!!1111!!!!

7. jcee15

I do try to keep an eye on my misses. When it goes left or right i know it's coming off the wrong fingers or the timing of my release is off. Personally whenever i front rim or back rim it straight i count that as a basket

8. Asian Sensation

As long as it goes in it's all good. **** form.

9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

you are Officially a HATER. :cool:

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

What about when it gets blocked...by me? ;)

11. jcee15

lol............you got me, but i rarely get blocked so I remember that one. I don't remember though if it was a straight up block or a you got me jordan vs ewing type block. You play good D nonetheless and have hops so no egg on my face.

12. ClutchCityReturns

I think it was straight up, but I only remember it because you told me you don't get it blocked very often. Was that Almeda 24 in the video, or somewhere else?

13. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. jcee15

That's funny that we both remember it for the same reason. Or it could be that you don't get very many blocks so you remember that 1 :p .You should come and hoop with me and a friend of mine(pass and move on offense and defense) at Beverly Hills some evenings if you still live in the Fuqua area .......... And yeah thats the 24 on Almeda.

15. ClutchCityReturns

Haha...I would think I get more blocks than most guys my height, but who knows...? I do have the element of surprise on my side, I know that much. :D

I actually don't live in the southeast anymore, but my family does, so I'm down pretty often (in fact I am right now). Definitely familiar with BHP. What nights do you play?

16. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Beverly Hills Park? SCARY!

17. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

nice shot

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

looks just as bad as it does in real life.

haven't i swatted that a couple of times before? ;)

19. jcee15

[​IMG]
    I don't think you were even attempting to play the game of basketball. I do remember that you were on the actual court most of the time ;) Oh and I wasn't too close for change I was at the 3 point line

20. auddj

auddj Member

I've got to say that your stroke looks good. There's not a formula for a perfect shot. There are basic principles but things are different based on different factors (i.e. arm length, jumping ability, strength, athletic ability). I did notice you tend to lean backward when you jump. As long as you maintain an incredible conditioning workout then you might want to work on going straight up and slightly in(also helps draw fouls on defenders playing close up).