1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610 Rumor] 3 Team Trade For Amare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Suns Expected To Keep Stoudemire
    Jul 10, 2009 8:22 AM EST

The Suns are now expected to hold onto Amare Stoudemire.

Phoenix pushed back a meeting with Stoudemire recently in order to spend time courting Grant Hill, but another sit down is expected shortly.

The Arizona Republic is reporting that during the meeting the Suns are "expected to tell Stoudemire that they are keeping him in their plans for the coming season."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60474/20090710/suns_expected_to_keep_stoudemire/

I'm wondering who is Morey's target now?

2. dreamshake27

dreamshake27 Rookie

They will get rid of Curry and then they will have the money.

3. dreamshake27

dreamshake27 Rookie

That's funny how you believe everything you read!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thank God. End this endless madness.

5. el guapo

el guapo Member

hell no battier is our leader and how can we let him go without getting fernandez

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I, for one, do not think that it would be a good idea for the Rockets to trade Battier..

Sure, he might be at the peak of his game. But in the coming season, who else will provide an anchor as great as that of the metaphorical one which Shane provides the Rockets? He truly keeps us in games where we are incompetent on offense--and that might be a lot of games for this coming season.

Is Morey completely writing off this season? And, if you do trade Shane, and his tremendous portfolio of knowledge, will it be for someone who is worth it?

I believe Rudy Fernandez might be worth it, but I'd want more--someone who is a little more seasoned or has a little more potential and value to the Rockets. I'd like to get Ricky Rubio. Amare will suffice, too.

7. rocketsmetalspd

The Suns can tell him the plans for the coming season but it is up Amare if he likes what they tell him. I will wait and see till they meet and see what Amare has to say about it.

8. Sonn

Sonn Member

Anybody But Amare....Dude has like a 2yr window and he's going to Be just like Yao, Rockets Should keep what they have and play Don Nelson,DAntonie Ball. It'll be fun to watch

9. vince

vince Member

I think bringing in Amare would be an exciting signing, but there is just so much to wonder about him. He's been injury prone during his career. And we have already been led by two injury ridden players in McGrady and Yao.

I think not getting Amare might be best. But, I'd do the trade in a second if I could. But, it's good when other teams save you from yourself. :D

10. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

His contract is short so if they have any problems with him then they could try to tarde his expiring contract or just let him go after his contract ends and use the cap space to sign a star player. Amare fills in the most important position in the team.

11. somenobody

somenobody Member

You really think so. Amare was with Nash, Marion and they got nothing. You think we will be better than 2004-2005 Phoenix with the current roster. If we want to rebuild around him, we need bring some other talents. Then the problem of locker room will come (look at his history). I just don't a guy always complaining, even he is in Rockets jersey.

And I am happy to hear Suns want to keep him.

12. acjeitherocket

13. dreamshake27

dreamshake27 Rookie

Amare is not "injury prone" stupid people! Yao Ming is injury prone!

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

yeah, just like "the lakers are expected to keep Ariza"

then Ariza commits to houston and then this:

"Ariza expected to back out of commitment (pre-contractual) to Houston and stay with LA"

:rolleyes:

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yes I do. The Rockets are deeper than that Pheonix team was and this Rockets team plays defense.

Do you think this current Rockets roster would contend with a healthy Yao Ming? Well Amare's production is just about identicle to Yao's but a little better on the offensive end. I don't see Amare as a drop of in defense because Yao Ming while good on the interior, the rest of his defense was just really bad.

I like this team with Ariza, Brooks, Scola, Lowry, Landry, (Wafer if he re-signs) all another year older and better. Throw in Battier and and this is basically the same team that took the Lakers to seven games. Add Amare and we might have been good for one more win.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hold on to your hats... here's an interesting nugget from a late night Ric Bucher tweet:

17. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

The dumbest trade idea! :mad:

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

hmmm. This can only mean one thing. Amare is coming to HOUSTON!! woo hoo.!!! :D

19. amaru

amaru Member

Please let Amare stay where he is.

He's not worth the 2010 cap space......and he's already said he won't sign an extension w/ a middle of the road team (i.e Us)

20. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

that team lost in game 7 of the western conference finals...