1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] The Lakers Will Learn All About Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jul 7, 2009.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rocket fans will find the best(or worst) in any situation. :rolleyes:

2. joesr

joesr Member

your talking about lamar odom and trevor ariza not playing there anymore....

your talking about a Artest who had to play whole different style game because he was a rocket but wanted to make it work (dif? dif how?? what happened to his low post game. why did he all of a sudden become a shooter, he was a dif player then he was in in sactown) but he change because we needed a different player from him and he did what was needed.

you guys man.

we brought him to houston as a 3rd option. after a while he became the first option and yet no one sees that and hates on him. everyone needs to grow up and see the truth

3. Fatty FatBastard

So who did you feel the worst about? If you say Pippen, you get punched.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Feel worst about? Do you mean feel bad that they left us to go to another team? I don't take that stuff personally. The Pippen episode was one of the worst though because of his sheer ingratitude. He was another one I never wanted to see in a Rockets uniform, so I was glad to lose him; be he has to be one of the bigger assholes we've seen.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does this shock you ?

there are tons of 'clutchfans' here who really care about what every fan or blog or crap media article says about the Rockets.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...maybe it was Barry or Cook who changed it all..maybe it was letting go of Rafer.

7. adoo

adoo Member

it is thread worthy; all sour grape.

Grizz made a dumb move by trading away Gasol enbling the Lakers win a ring.

w Artest, Lakers just ensured themselves at least one more, most probably two, ring.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The biggest difference between Artest and Rodman is that Rodman would never go into Jordan's shower and tell him he was there to help. :D

Seriously, I think the write is exaggerating. But the general point is valid. People said Phil could manage Rodman, so he must be able to manage Artest. But Rodman and Artest are two very different personalities.

Rodman was just an attention grabbing prick. Artest is crazy.
    Rodman worked the opponent's emotions. Artest's emotions get worked by the opponent.
    Rodman knew exactly what he was supposed to do. Artest doesn't always know his role.
    Rodman hardly ever shot the ball. Artest loves shooting.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, they are two different crazies.

Rodman is like Ocho-Cinco. He did crazy things to get attention.

Artest is more like T.O. The main difference here is that T.O is much more egocentric.

10. adoo

adoo Member

all true; except you also need to recognize that Artest craziness scares the s**** outta his opponents.
    don't kid yourself, Artest emotions/ craziness adversely affect his opponents.
    Artest also takes on the role of enforcer. you mess w his team, u gonna have to deal w this crazy MOFO.
    Rodmans knows that he can't shoot. Artest has a career PPG avg >16, over a 10 yr career, he can score.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

my favorite artest moments are as followed....
    [​IMG]

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

The Lakers lose in the 2nd round next year?

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I didn't want Artest, but I guess you could say he won me over, probably because he was on his best behavior here. But knowing that no swing player was ever going to have their best game against Houston with Battier/Artest there was a pretty good feeling. We are really going to miss that if Battier is moved.

Above all, he was a breath of fresh air compared to McGrady. You have one of your 'big 3' actually wanting to play while hurt, while another looks for reasons to sit out. One wants to play in the big games, the other picks and chooses the easier opponents to give it a go. If it's a choice b/t Artest and McGrady, give me Artest any day.

If Phil really doesn't coach road games next year, I guess there is a chance this move could hurt LA. But I'm guessing this move will give Phil second thoughts about that decision. More likely adding a hungrier player to the mix will rejuvenate them for a second title run, a la Drexler in '95.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the biggest difference between rodman and artest is mike jordan. this article somehow forgets rodman and lets say, david robinson. the fact is the rockets didn't need jordan to be a pretty damn good team with artest.
    artest had his jacking up shots moments, but considering some of the stuff he did in the pas like oh i don't know running up in the stands, and considering what rodman did before playing with the bulls, this article is straight up ridiculous.

and this is coming from someone who was wary of what he would do here.

15. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Ron always treats himself as Jordan wherever he plays but the rest of his team totally disagrees. That's why he has played for so many different teams in Bulls, Pacers, Kings, Rockets, and now the Lakers. I guess he will choose 25 as his new number on Lakers team. if there was a record of times a player has changed his number, Ron would definitely be the leader of all time, I mean his record of number changing will never be broken by a descendant either.

16. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

:D mike jordan

17. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

What a lame, bitter article...Kobe's always encouraging Walton to shoot MORE if you know anything about their team...and if you think Artest would even BE in the game if he missed 3 3's in a quarter you are sadly mistaken...remember, Ariza often didn't even play during crunch time...it was only in the finals when he consistently finished games. Lakers will have a VERY short leash if Ron Ron goes iso-happy.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza and Battier isn't that different from Artest Battier. In fact if Ariza has indeed become the lights out shooter he was in the playoffs, we'd be a whole lot better swingman wise this coming season.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i dont agree with the article.

first artest rides kobe's ****. i dont think there will be that much tension between them

second, the lakers have enough talent to bench ron-ron if he turns chucking mode.

third, i just think some of us are just bitter cuz we didnt sign artest

20. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I remember how Artest always called the Rockets "Yao's" team. Artest had some good moments, but every game I watched, there was a blackhole next to Yao. Artest, the one-man motion offense stopper. Not a compliment to his defense.