1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hedo Turkoglu Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JujuxG, Jul 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

Hedo Turkoglu going to Portland

i just heard it on espn.

2. Glacier

Glacier Member

That's what will happen when the team has a billionaire boss. Portland looks scary now.

3. TracyMcgradyMVP

what is the deal ??????

The west just got harder OMG :eek:

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hehehe....Okay so Portland, so does this make Rudy officially angry?

Battier for Rudy? That helps out both teams, Portland gets the Kobe-Stopper or the guy close to it. Portland gets another solid veteran. Plus it would make the Lakers-Portland series much more interesting.

We get scoring and get younger again :cool:

5. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

There was already a thread for this.
    But why would they trade a 2 for a 3 when they already have Hedo starting and Outlaw , Webster and Batum on the bench.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Lakers got Artest

Cleveland got Shaq

Orlando got VC

SA got RJ

now Portland added Hedo

Boston trying to get Sheed.

I guess there goes your Top 6 Teams in the NBA just getting better.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I have a feeling some Blazers fans just got harder, too.

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

The NBA sure will be fun to watch next year.....too bad for the Rockets, but I dont mind if we rebuild correctly....so far so good for us though

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't really feel this helps them. Hedo really needs the ball to be effective and Roy will lose shots.

I predict the Trailblazers will regret this in a few years similar to how New Orleans does with Peja.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

apparently 5 years 50 million---blazersedge.com

love this signing for the Blazers...

gonna be an awesome team to watch next season!!!

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

lol, your still bringing the battier-to-portland trade scenarios now hedo just signed with them??? people LOL at u for that...

wats the use for Battier now they have Hedo??? If they couldn't get Hedo then they might go after our No stats all star, but now Hedo is stuffing up the SF spot wats the use of Battier???

Brooks for Rudy???

12. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I could see them going with a 4th quarter line up with Roy playing the point and Battier playing the 2. They are still not set at the pg position.
    Not sure how it would work out though.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

on the contrary: that's what happens when your team has cap room.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People can lol all they want, I'll just lol at Portland if they think they can still beat the Lakers with the roster they have.

What is the use for Battier? Besides he can play defense on guys like Carmelo, Manu, and Kobe? That's who the Blazers are going to have to deal with if they want to win a title.

Hedo is a offensive playmaker, Battier plays a entirely different role on a team. A role that they have Batum playing and he can barely see the court.

15. worzel gummidge

Webster, Outlaw, and Batum aren't starters on a team with good depth at SF.

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

you apparently missed the fact that acquiring hedo is the very factor that would make fernandez theoretically available due to his reported unhappiness.

they also now have a glut of young talent at the wings in outlaw, webster, fernandez, and batum. it would be wise to package 2 of those for an upgrade in battier. if i'm portland, after watching the houston-LA series, i'm all over the phones trying to add shane to my team now that i'm ready to take the next step to play with the big boys.

given the past discussions between the teams regarding a deal of this very nature, and the divergent directions the two clubs are heading in, battier to portland makes too much sense for both sides.

17. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

From what I saw of Outlaw I think he is starter quality in this league and have heard good things about Webster. Would agree about Batum though.

18. rocketsmetalspd

Go thing Hedo did not go to the Raptors. This is an open chance that Morey needed to trade TMac and fillers for Bosh. Get it done Morey.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Opps Good thing.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

actually, Hedo is going to take shots way from others, not roy. Plus, portland wants Hedo to get the ball, so Roy won't kill himself trying to create like he did against us. they should be ok because they only have two perimeter players like that, which isnt too much and their frontcourt players don't exactly need touches, just LAmarcus, that's your big 3 there which is perfect.