1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao will wait week before surgery decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Jul 3, 2009.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/07/03/yao.injury.ap/index.html

2. brooksrox

brooksrox Member

Will he make the All Star team? Or most importantly, will he start the game this time?

3. logicx

logicx Member

Eh? Well...

4. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Looks like Fran Blinebury has egg on his face then. On sports radio all day i've been hearing about how be "broke" the news that Yao is having surgery.

Now we find out nothing has been decided yet. Great reporting Fran.

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Does it matter if he makes the all star game? He plays like 6 minutes total.

And I don't think he'll be healed by the start of the season. Which is fine by me. However long it takes him to come back on his own terms, is how long I'm willing to wait.

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

I hope they do make up their minds as to when and if surgery is needed. The longer it is taking, time is moving and games are lost for Yao. Still hoping for an all star break return.

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

this is the only Yao thread on the first page so here.... semi update... kinda

HTML:
    @cyberbongo Talked to Yao today. Joked that he always hoped to retire w/Dikembe. He @ 28, Deke @ 58. That's when I knew his spirits were up.about 5 hours ago from web in reply to cyberbongo

8. NateNate

NateNate Member

sorry

HTML:
     Talked to Yao today. Joked that he always hoped to retire w/Dikembe. He @ 28, Deke @ 58. That's when I knew his spirits were up.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Who cares? why is this important?

10. logicx

logicx Member

Some weird selfish reasons, maybe, I don't know. I haven't found the significance yet, maybe somebody could share with me?

All I know is for, for our sake, and moreso for Yao's sake, I hope he can just come back and play like he used to. Now when? I don't really care because I'm not getting my hopes up. I want him to come back at the right time and not rush it. I want Yao to be the best he can be, regardless of when or where that is.

11. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

are they considering not doing surgery?...is this good news or bad news...if he does not have surgery, that would mean he would rest it for the next 3 months and be ready by the beginning of the season....if he has surgery then he won't be back until mid season.....whatever is best for him is what I want...but if he going to have surgery, the sooner the better!!...i get the feeling that th elonger they wait, the less likely he will have surgery...

12. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

if they gonna trade him then no knifework

13. Strawman

Strawman Member

Yao will be voted into the all star team regardless of whether he plays or not. Remember T-Mac was leading CP3 for starting guard when we played so rarely>

14. as_sstomper

as_sstomper Member

Is this some kind of joke or something that I'm missing? I've seen this in other threads. I didn't know the all star game was such a big deal.