1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron on in minutes (we hope)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Jul 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

thanks for involving us in your interviews with Artest, Dave. Just because he left the Rockets doesn't mean he doesn't still have a lot of fans in Houston, so keep us posted when he comes on the show in the future!

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Next time I see Ron, I'm going to fight Kobe. nd then make sweet love to Vanessa.

World Wide hits to the website will go down.

We will just go to battle with T-Riza and whoever else. LA fans are waaaaaaaaaaay too cool to call the show.

Fake fans in LA.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Uh, I love the Rockets, but Ron wants a ring and we are not giving him one next season (most likely...crazy things could happen) and LA gives him his best chance over the next 3 years. I don't blame him for leaving...it isn't like Yao did this (or another long term Rocket)

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

What's this thread doing in the GARM? It's about a former Rocket!

Just kidding. Ron, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the effort.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't why people keep saying Ron is such a jerk for leaving. He didn't grow up a Rockets fan, he did what is best for his career. We only offered him 1 year. I guess he wanted to go to a team where he knew he would bet there for a few years.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Artest sucks, man!

If Artest says "show me the money", I can understand.

But 6 million per to the Lakers!? WTF!

I was a big fan of Ron but I don't give a bleep anymore.

7. rocketsmetalspd

CD thanks for you and your show. I hope you don't stop coming to BBS now that Ron is gone. Tell Ron I will miss him and he will miss coming down to the Rio Grande Valley(Close Mexican Border) to to play the Celtics in October. I was going to treat him to some real Mexican food. Plus some Patos(which are some great Tacos). Also, wish Ron the best.

8. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Agreed.

9. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Agree that His departure is a big lost for the team however the impact was lessen with the signing of Ariza. The Rockets must focus how to maximize the opportunity to use Tmac contract to get player/s to add to this team.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I appreciate Ron and I really liked his heart and attitude. It was a pleasant surprise listening to his interviews.
    That said, he wanted the Rockets to give him more money (cause he knew they had some) and they weren't willing to do so. They're saving up money for next years FA spectacle. The Lakers had less money to give than the Rockets did but they gave all that they had to give. He felt more appreciated in this sense.
    No one is right. No one is wrong. I don't blame him for wanting as much as he can get and most importantly a ring. We're not going to give him either (not right away on the ring at least).

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Calm down man. No player wants to get stuck in a losing situation and Artest is no exception. He's reaching the latter part of his career and winning seems to be a big part of that and Houston doesn't give him that chance next season, especially with the one year deal we offered him. Let's just root for OUR TEAM and not ONE SINGLE PLAYER. Whatever the Rockets organization does I'm right behind them supporting them because I know they're looking out for the betterment of the team.

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Ron,

Stick to hanging out by the 3 point line, launching 3 pointers and taking over games. Kobe won't mind at all and either will your opponents.

13. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Im not a fan of ron anymore. All that talk about loyalty was BULL. Good riddance no more ball hoggin when te shot clock is going down and throwing up airballs

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

but....seriously....the lakers? forget artest. that guy is full of crap. he says he wants to get paid but that was a load of crap. he is karl malone. i hope he never wins a ring or anything for signing a cheaper deal with the lakers.

15. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Ron "if you can't beat em join em" Artest

16. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

CD, please do not post these threads in the GARM anymore. This goes in the NBA forum.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Dude The Rockets offered him a one year deal, cant really blame the guy;on the same note he should have at least gone to the east or something, seriously the Fakers suck f****ng B@!!s, cocky @** Wipes.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Dear Ron,

Thanks for the 2008-2009 season. It was great. The Houston fans truly appreciated what you brought to our team. Now, since you moved on to greener pastures, I hope Kobe elbows you in the face every practice. Thats what we call a little Texas Justice.

Love,

Judge Larry Joe Dougherty