1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CBS Sports: Artest is signing with the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 2, 2009.

1. chamuco

chamuco Member

Hey Ron don't deserved that. He came here to play with TMac and Yao to win a ring. Then TMac goes down. He still plays hard. Then Yao goes down, and he still plays hard. He could of just pouted and sit on the bench, but he didn't. You could argue he was playing for a contract, but he still gave it his best, What else could you want. When he came here everyone was expecting him to behave and play good because of his contract year, and if he didn't, he just had a one year contract so we could drop him anyways, so it was a good risk. But honestly do we really want to sign Ron for Five years? He may not play that well for maybe 2 or 3, who knows? He did what was good for Him and his family. Morey did what was good for the Rockets. Shake hands and say your fare wells. Good luck Ron, But the Rockets achieved what they did not because of Ron, but because of the great hustle players we have, and yes Yao Ming.

2. twoface723

twoface723 Member

:) I guess Artest was thinking "if you can't beat them, join them"

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ron, you are dead to me.

6 mil a season? To sign with them? Them?

You're gonna play with KB24? The man who had no respect for you, no respect for us? For what?

Go get your dam* ring and don't dare show your face at the Toyota Center again. We were brothers, we were a team. Sure, Morey didn't offer you much, but come on, after Tmac's contract expired we could have given you major cash money.

I'm done with 96. You have no class, and no, I will not buy your record.

PS. Your music sucks.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

i can't believe how you guys are thinking this is a good deal.

it's basically a trade for ariza and artest. Artest is getting only the MLE and so is Ariza. Ariza is a role player at best. Definitely not a 3rd or 4th option on a championship team, which Artest is.

Ariza might be the 3rd or 4th best option on a lottery-bound team.

This is terrible. I don't care how you flip it, if you don't see how the Rockets just got worse then you're in denial. The fact that they're both getting only the MLE makes this a bad deal.

5. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

This was not surprising at all. He and his brother both live in LA. His brother has been telling the whole world for months since the off-season began that Artest was dying to play for the Lakers.

Ariza is younger, so hopefully younger = more potential.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Nice try, Ron. Just cause youre a Laker now doesnt mean you can make your own nickname like Kobe.

7. max14

max14 Member

Yeah if this is true I'm done with Artest too.

Unless, he blew up the lakers. But that doesn't even matter, Kobe already got his ring. Dam****n it !!!!

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

96TruwarierQB

IT WAS HARD TO KNOW HOUSTON DID NOT OFFER ME A GOOD DEAL. BUT IT IS ALL GOOD. I STILL GOT LOVE FOR THEM.17 minutes ago from web

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

A one year contract is a great deal. Next year lots of teams will be hemorrhaging money for LeBron and others. Hell, even we'd have more money. He just wants the money now... Reminds me of TO. No hard feelings Ron.

Not.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just hope he and Kobe will punch each other in practice.

11. lived

lived Member

Given with the friction between TMac and Ron, and having been unable to trade TMac's contract, does anyone think Morey figured it would be easier to let Ron leave and didn't put much effort into persuading him to stay?

The almost concurrent news of an Ariza deal (when/if it comes through) would suggest that this was the case. The team was looking for a potential Ron replacement.

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I bet a five year deal with a player option after the first year would've got the job done. But I guess it wasn't worth it to Morey, loved Artest, understood it's all business.

13. duteman

duteman Member

coat tails....he's been tryhing to play with kobe pre-gasol plus they're friends. Don't knock artest he's still cool and a good guy. I only wanted his personality on the team. His talent is going down the hole

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

Can't we match his offer? (wishful thinking)

If all it took was the MLE, why didn't we sign him?

15. wizkid83

We didn't offer him a real deal, hell if I'm Ron Artest I'd be pretty mad with the recent turn of events, realizing that Morey wanted Ariza more than him :eek: .

16. wizkid83

Except we didn't, we wanted Ariza more, it was clear.

17. akuma

akuma Member

Rockets lose, Lakers win :mad: what does Ariza give the Rockets that Artest/ Battier doesn't except a bit more athleticism, but worse defense and shooting? Ariza will never be a first or second offensive option or a first or second team defender, while i can easily see Artest draining wide open threes, finishing layups as a third or fourth option, and shutting down players. :mad:

18. Will889

Will889 Member

Artest is live on ESPN announcing he is going to Lakers. :(

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

'cause he wanted to be a Laker al along.

great move for the Rockets

20. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Obviously we didn't want the TRU Warrior.

He sounded pretty upset with offer from Hoiuston.

Especially offering Ariza alot more money than the Lakers did.