1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports: Artest is signing with the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Hater in the house

Good luck and thanks for everything Ron

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If Yao is out, then a panic move (DO SOMETHING NOW) is even more pointless. If the Rockets play this right they can re-tool and be a contender quickly with the capspace they will have to work with.

3. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

this is on Rotoworld.com

Rockets unrestricted free agent Ron Artest told CBSSportsline.com that he is going to sign with the Lakers. The deal is for five years and $32 million, according to the L.A. Times.
    "I’m definitely going to L.A. — to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I’m in L.A. right now." Artest said that he met with owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday, has spoken with Phil Jackson and is meeting with his agent, David Bauman, tonight to finalize details. This likely means Trevor Ariza will not be returning to the Lakers, but could be joining Artest's former team, the Rockets. "I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing."
    Source: CBSSportsline.com

4. Asian Sensation

You're a fraud of a member.

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

you're an idiot. morey offered a ONE year deal. that sends a clear message that he wasnt really wanted. If you were in his position, you would do the same thing.

6. Lazy McGrady

Lazy McGrady Member

why say ya ya ya houston i love yall yall are 1st in my book bla bla bla and just be like fk it here i come LA shame shame

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not Artest's fault. Rockets shorted him away.

1 year contract on a potentially crappy rebuilding season with a 6'-6" starting center and possible 2nd round rookie in the starting lineup.

Or multiple years with the defending champion and best player in the league in a glamour city. Plus one of your homestate buddies (Odom) might sign on with you.

No brainer

10. RedRox29

RedRox29 Member

Artest is as REAL as they get
    IBTL

11. iRonRon

iRonRon Member

Sigh, now my name is inadequate. This week has been horrendous for the rockets. Looking back a week ago I was excited for this teams title hopes after having one of their first real successful seasons in the last 12 years. Well there's always next, next year.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/...ss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4303679

13. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Dude, I generally totally disagree with your post, but this one I agree with. Did I miss something? Gortat is going to Dallas?

14. chasingu

chasingu Member

do the lakers have enough salary space to sign Artest, or he agreed with them at mid-level?

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Artest is not the caliber player he thinks he is. And his Robert Horry imitation grew old fast.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Gortat is going to Dallas, does this mean Brandon Bass is out of there?

17. sixxboy

sixxboy Rookie

18. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hey I hate that I LOVE this game. :(

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Man.

Short of the Jazz or the Spurs, this was the worst possible team he could sign for in terms of EVER getting me to root for him.. :(

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Why is he a fraud when we only offered him a 1-yr deal, and oh btw, we'll be missing our best player next year; while the reigning champs offered him a 3-yr deal?

Stop the hating guys, it's not personal.