1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports: Artest is signing with the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 2, 2009.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Completely agree with ya!

What is Morey supposed to do when he has $40million dollars worth of salary sitting on the injured list all season long!
    Bring in some guys to help us eke out 43-44 games and lose all flexibility for next summer?

Sadly it's all about next summer now - so we've got a year of Brooks/ Scola as the primary offensive weapons - hopefully it drives up their value, and that of Landry as well, so that we can make some sort of move during the season.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

makes some sense, but i don't think Ariza's worth any more than the MLE so i'm a bit unsure.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

****ing traitor.

4. parmesh

parmesh Member

Thanks, Ron. Talk about misleading. He was all about the Rockets to the media.

5. texascityman31

But its ok my friends. Here is what we do to get ready for the 2010-2011 season to contend.

Trade T-Mac, Scola, Budinger, and Hayes to the Raptors for Bosh, Marcus Banks and Reggie Evans.

Trade Landry, Lowry, Barry, and Dorsey to the Clippers for Camby and DeAndre Jordan.

Sign Ariza.

Try to get Sergio Llull over after this season.

Then re-sign Camby before the 1010-2011 season and hopefully Yao will be good to go for that year.

2010-2011 HOUSTON ROCKETS: (minutes per game)

Starters:

PF - Bosh (38mpg)

SF - Battier (35mpg)

C - Yao (33mpg)

SG - Ariza (34mpg)

PG - Brooks (30mpg)

Bench:

PG - Llull (18mpg)

SG/SF - Taylor (27mpg)

PF/C - Camby (25mpg)

SG/SF - J. White

PF/C - Jordan

PF - Evans

PG - Banks

6. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Real curious as to what Artest is signing for. If it's more than the MLE they made the wrong choice. If it's for the MLE than this makes sense. Though I swear I remember something about Ron saying he wouldn't accept a smaller contract to be on a contending team.

7. RyanB

RyanB Member

you're right
    and Players like Malone and Payton had to move to LA to win a champ
    he can move wherever he wants
    Houston is not a contending team anymore, it would be a waste of time and money for both to stay in Houston
    don't forget, Artest gave the team toughness and was a "scorer" in many times when needed.
    Thanx and good luck

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

lol this is the best post ever. Worst offseason ever... Its funny its only been 2 Days since free agency started and now its the worst offseason ever. hahahaha guys panic toooooooooo much on here.

9. RyanB

RyanB Member

i can tell you that they will de

10. RyanB

RyanB Member

i can tell you that they will deal with that
    even if everybody is saying that he will destroy, i think Phil and co know very well how to manage this :D

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

lets see

we had been told our franchise center and only 7 footer on the team that he would likely miss the entire next season if not the rest of his career

we pursued for the first time a young 7 footer as a starter/backup only to have that same player sign with one of our rivals/hated teams in the mavs

then have our other big name player who gave this team an identity and toughness it was lacking last season sign for a whole lot cheaper presumably to another one of our rivals/hated teams

yeah its probably one of the worst off seasons ever you dont have all that happen to you usually in one offseason and all this happened in less than a week to the rockets

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

More power to you Ron Ron. If I were you I'd go to LA too. It would be a crapload of fun to a Laker in LA. Showtime baby! Bright lights, movie stars, and a Ring.

That's what life's about.

But I will and I won't miss him. He's a lot like Steve. Good people, but I scream at him on my TV a lot.

13. Aus_Rocket

Aus_Rocket Member

All season long so many of screamed at his poor shot selection, his constant dribbling and now he's gone you're all disappointed??.....really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I wish him all the best, he doesn't fit here anymore.

14. RyanB

RyanB Member

i'm choked!
    i think we're making a big mistake by building the team around one player
    we should think about the Pistons way of building
    they had no superstar, but damn everybody contributed to score and was a tough defender
    Houston needs to change it's plan of building the team
    when you lean on 1 or two players, and the rest are very mild level players, you suck when you lose that player

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

story on sportscenter now. 3 year deal for MLE

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Thats Bull****

18. Egghead

Egghead Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4303679

19. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

again i think this clip is appropiate

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

So he's signing for 18mil for 3 years. Wow. Go get that ring, Artest.
    We'll be waiting for our ping pong balls. -_-