1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone still believe in Tracy McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nolimitnp, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL, we'd first need to see if this guy can even play in the NBA anymore, he's not coming back from minor surgery here, this thing can be career ending. We need to move on, this guy has more issues than just major knee problems....

2. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Can he live up to the dollar amount. Answer is no. Unless he comes back 2005 T-mac, I believe he is done as a player being paid 23 million dollars. I wouldn't be whining as much if he made $13-$15 million per year vs 23 million.

3. H-Town Forever

Believe? maybe? We've believed in him all this time, why should this be any different?

What im trying to say is that if there is anyone out there that needs to prove himself its tracy. Whatever could go wrong has gone wrong with this guy, but we still "believed" and stood by him.

I think if he tries to give it another "go", he should just come out and play. Stop with all the talk(its on me bs, im shutting it down, etc....) and just play. Surprise us. This might be your last chance to prove to us that you weren't a mistake.

Could this happen? It could but im really not banking on it.

Surprise us for the love of god!!!!!!!!!!

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think there's a better chance of Michael Jackson playing a meaningful role on the Rockets next year.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

have to believe in him, he is our only shot at a good run this year if yao and ron are out

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Yes. I think he will come back better and stronger than ever. I think he really was seriously injured. Tmac is a superstar and one of the all time great dunkers, and he got hung on the rim during a simple dunk. The guy's knee was seriously injured and our doctors have proven that they suck. Tmac is my 2nd favorite rocket of all time behind Hakeem and I think he's still young and still has much game left in him.

7. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I am glad everyone is optimistic b/c it seems as though in Houston no one really believes in him.

I personally love TMacs game b/c he makes the best passes, he sees the floor so well which are thing that he won't lose if he slows down.

On defense is where I think he will struggle.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

ouch, too soon! :)

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3-GJTUUAPc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3-GJTUUAPc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

had to...

10. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Fixed, LOL.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I believe in McGrady, and I think Morey has badly mismanaged him and has significantly damaged the franchise as a result. But, I suppose it doesn't matter in the end.

12. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Ok guys, now we HAVE TO belive in Tracy McGrady. He is all we have right now.

14. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

agreed, but jermaine taylor looks to be a decent player

15. bigreg

bigreg Member

First off, the questions should be in regard to T-MAC'S BASKETBALL ABILITY & not HIS CONTRACT! He signed that contract 4 yrs ago & to be quite honest, the money he agreed to was based on what he had already done & the numbers he had already posted. Because NBA players ARE NOT on year to year contracts, they don't earn their salary for the NEXT SEASON in the season PRIOR to that. In other words, T-MAC didn't sign a contract for $23,000,000 for what he did on the court last year. If the contract is so much of an issue, that issuse is one that should be taken up with LES ALEXANDER, who signed off on it & is paying that salary.

Secondly, T-MAC played INJURED last year. He didn't dog it, he didn't quit, he played INJURED & gave it all that he could with the INJURY. And he still put up a respectable 16ppg. For those of you that seem to not recognize it, you CANNOT do anything at a high level when you are INJURED. So naturally, his percentages went down across the board as he was trying to compensate for an injury. The same injury that the team doctors later confirmed that T-MAC HAD ALL ALONG, but that they were trying to treat without doing a 2nd surgical procedure. It's easy to speculate about what might have been last yr if T-MAC was healthy but that only leaves us frustrated as fans because the possibilities were endless. With that being, I feel that T-MAC will be fine next yr, IF HE IS HEALTHY. He will more than likely never average 28 ppg again, but if he averages 22-6-6, I think that will be enough to keep the Rockets in the race.

And for all of you YAO apologists, GET OVER IT! IMHO, he is doing the team a greater disservice by not wanting to have another surgery to fix his problem, instead opting to possibly miss the ENTIRE YEAR to heal naturally. For a guy who is one of the major components of the team, that is just whack! And for someone who was finally healthy enough to finish a regular season for the 1st time since the 1st season that he & T-MAC played together, he sure GETS A LOT OF PASSES! He is just as, if not more INJURY PRONE than T-MAC & for what he does on the court, he could be viewed as overpayed for the amount of money he makes. But for us FANS, it SHOULDN'T be about THE MONEY that LES is paying HIS PLAYERS. Instead, it should be about what the players do & contribute to the team on the court, & IF HEALTHY, T-MAC gives the Rockets more ON THE COURT than what HIS CONTRACT gives their front office. And until LES or DARRYL say that they DON'T NEED or WANT T-MAC here, he is still a VIABLE part of THIS TEAM. So yeah, I STILL BELIEVE IN T-MAC!

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He may be a good player, even better than Wafer. He just needs to work hard and take it easy. He sure has more skills than Wafer has.

Btw, if Ron is gona, that means they will probably leave McGrady.

17. dab8709

dab8709 Member

The idea that Tracy will properly rehab is hilarious. You know why his knee was still bothering him this past year? Because he didn't properly rehab after his previous surgery. He gets hurt constantly because he never gets himself in shape to help prevent injuries. It's absolutely foolish to think that he's suddenly going to discover a work ethic and come back better than before THIS time.

18. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

But if he IS a whispering eye, can he injure it? :confused:

19. gotsis

gotsis Member

well its what we got to believe in......... who knows after all the bad news T-mac and yao can make a great return, make a second half of the season push and do some damage in the playoffs...........

or none of this happens and be rebuild........

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

ahh my old video. i was so naive back then. mcgrady the heart and soul my ass.