1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wearing a hat backwards

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Jun 30, 2009.

1. TheBigAristotle

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Whats a Guido or Wigger?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

crude slang back in the day would refer to a "wigger" as a white boy trying to act black and I think Guido has something to do with Italian kids.

4. dianap07

dianap07 Member

LOL, I like guys who wear caps LOL and i think its even cuter when they wear it backwards. WHY?? I DON'T KNOW!! I just know I like it.

I mostly wore mine backwards when i would go to the ROckets' games. but it was part of my rowdy outfit :D

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's just like the baggy pants... some peeps will say "it's a fashion statement!." :rolleyes: Sh-yeah, right.
    :confused: HALF? Math FAIL. :eek:

Dude, how far down is the hat pointing down to have HALF of all your vision blocked?

6. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I always wear a cap because I honestly think I look good with one. :eek:

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm kind of shocked people have such strong feelings on this subject.....

8. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

9. Summer Song Giver

I'll take my backwards cap over the flat bill ball caps kids are wearing nowadays.

Some people can pull off the flat bill but I can't help but feel like a douche with my brim flat. Guess I'm getting old, imagine that what was once a sign of youth is now a sign of getting old.

I can't wait till all us old men who are 30 now are 80 and the kids are wearing their pants up really high and us geezers are still sagging our britches.

10. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

This. I've never met someone who wears a backwards cap who isn't a complete douche.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Dude, where'd you find that picture of me? : )

12. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Backwards hats don't bother me as much as other posters, but I don't really understand why guys wear them (or baseball caps in general for that matter). Once you past a certain age, the only successful people wearing caps, especially backwards ones, are athletes and musicians, maybe actors. Yeah, I know that someone posted a picture of Obama wearing one, but he never shows up to a press conference wearing on.

I think it's a blend of the law of probabilities and evolutionary instincts. If girls sees two guys, and one is wearing a backwards cap and a sports jersey, and the other has a sharp haircut and a nice shirt on, and all other things are equal, which one will the majority of girls find more attractive? The guy who took the time to comb his hair and put on a nice shirt. It connotes greater maturity, success, dependability, and therefore desirability in a mate.

So, I don't really know why I'm posting this. In fact, forget everything I said. Please guys, keep wearing your scruffy hats backwards. In fact, let me know if you need anymore.

Also, try wearing jorts with them next time you go out.

13. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I sometimes where my hat backwards and I'm a non-douchey guy. We should hang out sometime to break your preconceived notions.

I think the big problem with the cocked hats, sideways hats, stickers left on hats, etc is that it crosses into the territory of "now you're just trying too hard." It reminds me of around 2003-2004 when a ton of guys were popping their collar. These guys never popped their collar the year before, and they stopped doing it a year later, but they went with the fad for that period of time for no other reason than other people were doing it.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Depends on the girl. Some girls would be bored with maturity, success and dependability.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Haha wearing your hat backwards is mutually exclusive from jorts and jerseys. Jorts and jerseys are for hicks and Florida Gator fans.

Like I said, Saturday and Sunday morning when I'm hungover as hell I'm less likely to "comb my hair and put on a nice shirt". More often than not, I'll throw on the Astros hat, a t-shirt, some jeans and some flops and meet up with some friends to grab a bite. Meanwhile, during the week I wear a dress shirt and slacks to work.

As far as successful people not wearing backwards hats? Not sure if your definition of success hinges on academic or financial merits, but I seem to be doing more than ok on both accounts.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

there are people here who are way too concerned about what other guys wear.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You and the Op sound like all the grumpy 70 yr olds writing into the Dallas Morning News to b*tch and whine about how Romo wears his hat on the sidelines. Yep, that was the most important issue when them folks wanted to find something to complain about the overrated and underwhelming team in Dallas.

18. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Hence the term 'majority.' Some guys like big girls, that doesn't mean my girlfriend will be crushing the Shoney's Buffet anytime soon.

I count three in the collage ;) :
    [​IMG]

I'm sure you are, and like I've said before, it's not an absolute. The situation you mention is when you are intentionally avoiding the effort to present yourself in the best possible light (hungover brunch). It's a matter of what your appearance generally projects, and you admit that when you care about the image you project, you don't wear a cap.

Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight and don't care much either way. My only point is that there is a general connotation of laziness/immaturity that you project when you wear a baseball cap.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think that is the worst? What is the reasoning to leave the stickers on the hat? How is that considered "cool?"

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not sure if I would concede "majority." But, perhaps we backwards-cap wearers are targeting a particular profile of woman. I think it is likely that the shirt-tuckers of the world are more concerned with attracting women while the backward-hat wearers are engaged in a power struggle with other men.