1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yao's injury is a "smoke bomb"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketman5803, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

Maye you guys feel sick when you see this title,I don't know exactly what really happens to yao and how the things are going because there's no official statement yet.Of course I don't hope it's true,but these so-called "bad news" about Yao do remind me of a situation in last summer.

Last summer ,when Morey wanted to recontract with Carl Landry,some similar "bad news" were all over the Internet.Almost everyone believed that Carl's career was about to end due to his weak knee. But what happened later?Rockets spent 3 million average per year keeping him since no team wanted him after they heard the "bad news".So I wonder this time,is it another conspiracy?

Honestly, I know the possibility of what I mentioned above is rare,but I do wish the news on Yao is faked.

OK,if this thread makes you uncomfortable ,lock it up.

2. mic

mic Contributing Member

I highly doubt Yao's injury is a "smoke bomb." It's definitely not a conspiracy, that's for sure.

3. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

smoke screen*

4. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

stink bomb*

5. jae713

jae713 Member

I'ts Morey's attempt to attract a good center promising them lots of playing time for the "injured" Yao.

6. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

hopefully it is...

7. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I don't remember any carreer or even season ending rumors about Landry. The only thing I remember is that the Rockets wanted Landry to examen his knee.

8. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

There's NO WAY this news is fake. Besides ethical issue, this Houston Rockets franchise really cannot explain itself for sending this news out to scare its fan only for it to turn out to be bogus. Yao Ming's foot is definitely not healed as planned.

Besides, as someone mentioned in this forum, sending the news about Yao being out will affect sales of season tickets. So there's no way the rockets will make such poor business decision just to try to lower the price of Ron Artest and lure Gortat onto our team.

However, I do think that the timing of the news is a little fishy. I think there are definitely exaggeration in terms of the magnitude of the injury. I don't think Yao will end his career simply because of a minor fracture on his foot. But he certainly could miss part or all of next season.

9. Glacier

Glacier Member

It depends on how you read the story. I don't think Yao's injury is fake. But it's probably not as serious as it originally sounds. Career threatening? I don't believe that part.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

LOL It's not like right after Gortat or whatever big man signs on the dotted line with Rockets, then all of a sudden Yao is seen dancing in the streets with 2 good feet. I'm pretty sure Yao is still injured and the truth is somewhere in a very large vague ballpark to the grave reports we are hearing. The timing of the reports is what I'm wondering about. But then again, it could be all coincidence.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's completely different.

last year, morey commented on landry's health and situation personally (so it was obviously a ploy on his part). no doctor came out last yr nor was there any talk of any serious injury.

this year, he's not even saying anything regarding yao, and the moves he has been trying to make even show his worries. and our very own doctor came out saying that, WITH A CT SCAN AS PROOF.

it's serious. yao is getting 2nd opinions. he'll most likely get surgery. its time to face the facts.

12. Nick_Young

Nick_Young Member

But smoke bome is not destructive, why i felt heartbroken on seeing this news.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so. I am just praying that Yao can get healthy for the last 10-15 games of the season... ugh...

That Amare-Barbosa trade is starting to make A TON of sense...

Kyle Lowry-Leandro Barbosa
    Shane Battier-Jermaine Taylor
    Ron Artest-James White
    Luis Scola-Chuck Hayes
    Amare Stoudemire-Marcen Gortat-Joey Dorsey

I would not mind seeing Mike Harris around a little bit...

#13 RudyTBag, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

oohh man alot people saying it's just over egagerating to attract alot center to take on the big stage,,,, it would be really really really great move, if that's true, man I hope so...

:) :) :)

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

wat about wafer

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

If it was a smoke screen to keep Yao from his National Obligations, I might pause a bit. But financially, Yao is a walking (limping) global market. I really can't see how the Rockets can gain leverage here contractually. In Landry's case, Carl did miss games as a rookie because of a knee injury, so the Rockets, or any other interested team (Bobcats, i believe), wanted to check out his knees before signing him.

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yao's injury is an injury.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

As Brooksbank said in another thread, it could be the Rockets way of getting Yao out of his Chinese national team service this summer. The dude needs a rest. So they say that not only hasn't he healed yet, but WHO KNOWS what might happen if this isn't brought under control?

In fact, the Rockets didn't release the news -- Dr. Clanton did. Hmmm... Morey wouldn't want to develop a reputation for releasing false info, would he? Sure, it's just a theory, but it's not THAT far-fetched. The team is desperate for Yao to rest and heal that foot this summer.

The OP was right about all the nonsense that was said about Landry last summer -- the Rockets didn't want to examine his knee again, but they wanted all the other teams to think they did. If I recall, after Charlotte signed him, the Rox countered that offer WITHOUT going through yet another physical.

19. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Yes, how can you said career threatening when the only thing that have happen is that his foot have not heal by him self and have gotten little worse, but Yao have no pain an his foot look ok.

Cmon is a hairline fracture. Yao have got back from a stress fracture and a screw on his food and now a few week of the foot not healing correctly on a minor injury, is a carrier threatening?

Doctor are rich man weather man. Treatment and result vary from person to person and Yao body is not common so is hard to predict how his body going to react. Doctors are frequently wrong that's why you always get a second opinion. And results vary so much is hard to judged for sure, Medicine is not exact science.

Just looked at Mcgrady he can be ready for the beginning of the season, middle of the season, or never play basketball again, results are so random.

Lets wait before judging for the official report once the got all the facts and once this happen how they going to treat the injury.

20. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

if this is true, this explains our predicament with Yao and T-Mac, in an indirect way. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.