1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dr. Clanton Leaving Houston Sports Teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by romain, Jun 30, 2009.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

been saying it a long time... he's worthless...

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Er.... bye, I guess.

4. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

good riddance

5. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

I still don't understand how and why this "doctor" went to the media and told them about Yao Ming's condition. Did Yao tell him it was alright to tell everybody? Did the Rockets organization allow him to spread the news? OR is this "doctor" just a complete jackass who has some butterfinger hands who cant perform surgery correctly and just violated HIPAA by telling everyone about his patient's condition. What a douche! Thank God he is leaving the Houston Sports Teams. I'll even more excited if he got hired by another sports team.

WHAT A DOUCHE!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm wondering...do pro athletes waive HIPAA rights so that franchises can alert the media as to health status of their players??

7. roxfan4life

roxfan4life Member

You'll have to excuse my bias, but I wonder why the Rockets don't choose the doctors affiliated with The Methodist Hospital or the Baylor College of Medicine. I know those identities aren't related anymore, but they seem to be the big names as far as national reputation in the Texas Medical Center goes (excepting M.D. Anderson and Texas Childrens Hospital of course).

I'm not saying that its malpractice or anything, just that who knows if the competition in the world's largest medical center would have some different opinions about how we treat our injured athletes...

And I really can't believe Yao allowed Dr. Clanton to break his patient confidentiality and disclose his diagnosis to the public. If he did, then Yao is also partially to blame for this leaking out (although given his gentle demeanor I'd assume he had no clue he had a choice to begin with).

8. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

We should have a huge celebration the day he leaves.

9. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

If I see this guy in the street, I will punch him in the face

10. LonghornDIT

LonghornDIT Member

Alright, I really just wanted to stay quiet as Dr. Clanton was bashed on this board but I can't let this go on. Yes, I understand we're all angry about Yao's injury and are looking for someone to blame. And I get it that many think Dr. Clanton took this news to the media for some sort of personal gain (wouldn't this cost him his license?). But the comments about Clanton being a "bum" and "worthless" have no merit and aren't based on anything. In fact, Dr. Clanton is one of the best and most respected orthopaedic surgeons not only in this city but in this country and in the world. He has been an outstanding member of our community and has been involved with Houston and Houston sports for over 30 years. The job he is taking is not some fall back. The sports medicine institute in Vail is the PREMIER institute in the country and he is taking the position of director! Do you think all of these accolades and opportunities would be given to a sub-par physician?? Be as angry as you want at whoever you want, but don't profess to know anything about a doctor's qualifications from an isolated incident of an overworked 7'6" 301lb patient.

1 person likes this.
  11. CincyRocket

CincyRocket Member

Evidence speaks for itself. ONE) He self admittedly mismanaged Tracy McGrady's knee injury and TWO) He has had a poor outcome in managing Yao Ming's foot. Not to mention the ultimate sin of breaking patient confidentiality to the media.

I would personally submit a formal complaint to the Texas Medical Association about this latter incompetency if I wasn't confident that they are already aware.

Get rid of him and get rid of him quick. If he were a head coach he would have long ago been fired.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

this guy was worse than charlie casserly :mad:

13. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

I always thought that the Rockets medical staff was the source of their problems. For example, IMO Yao should've been in a cast from day one, and his foot immobilized, period. Moving forward, I think the Rockets need to pay Dr. James Andrews whatever he wants--whatever it takes to get him here. That guy could be in the Baseball, Basketball, AND Football Halls of Fame as far as I'm concerned.

If not him, then get PHX's staff.

14. bcast89

bcast89 Member

i say, GOOD RIDDENS!

15. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

nana nananana hehehe good bye

every body

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Where are all those people saying we shouldn't blame the medical staff? It's obvious this ******* Clanton is incompetent.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yao may be injury prone.. It's still ridiculous to see the number of players didn't have season or career ending injuries before they came to us. He might be a great surgeon, but maybe that's all he thinks about is surgery. It's the only tool in his tool box. If you only have one tool in your tool box, you will use that tool to solve every injury.

He started in 2004.

Let's look at the previous seasons.

05-06
    1) Dion Glover- Knee surgery(End of his career)
    He had surgery, before he even played a game with us. He never recovered.
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Glover_Release-160071-822.html
    [​IMG]

2) Bob Sura- Knee surgery(End of his career)
    He had a back and a knee surgery while with the Rockets and never recovered.
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rocketsrsquo_Sura_To_Undergo-152121-822.html
    [​IMG]

06-07
    Good year, nobody's career ended from knee surgery.

07-08
    3) Steve Francis- Knee surgery(End of his career)
    He was traded to the Grizzlies and tried to rehab, but never recovered from his surgery with the Rockets.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3235647

[​IMG]

08-09
    4) Mutombo- Knee surgery (End of his career)
    He was an extremely healthy player, even at his age. He only had minor injuries, but the Rockets's lack of preventative care got him.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6385553.html
    [​IMG]

Other possible 08-09 additions.

5) T-Mac - you guessed it. Knee surgery. Is this end of his career like previous players that had the knee surgery? The other players never recovered. He had a minor back problem with Orlando. He played 77,76,75, and 67 games with them. After he came to Houston, he got labeled as injury proned.

[​IMG]

6) Yao - Is foot surgery next? End of his career? Maybe not. This is surgery in a different area than the knee. He might have a chance at recovering.
    In his first 2 seasons, Yao Ming was known as an ironman and never missed a game. He was able to play a grueling schedule of international basketball and NBA basketball year round. One year after Clanton joined, he got labeled as injury prone and it never stopped. Now people blame it on genetics. Apparently, genetics only became a problem shortly after Clanton joined.

02-03 82 games
    03-04 82 games
    04-05 80 games(Clanton joins Rockets)
    05-06 57 games
    06-07 48 games
    07-08 55 games
    08-09 77 games(end of his career?)

[​IMG]

18. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Don't forget to bring the injury curse with youuU !!

19. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I see now, clearly Clanton must be the Rockets curse.

20. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Oh,man,you kinda made me miss Bobby,he's a very nice person.I expected him to come back strong as a Rockets that year but he didn't make it.