1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets could lose Yao for season—or longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Jun 29, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

man what a tragic ending to the tmac-yao era, extremely tragic. i really believe if both are healthy for the playoffs, they would have done wonderful things.

now tracy will be traded. and yao might retire. it's a sad sad day.

i really hope yao does what is best for him. dr. clanton is right for once. multiple surgeries on the same bone can be extremely problematic in the future. let's hope this can heal on its own and he can play again. i don't think yao will be a 25-30 min a game player anymore or an every day player. but i do hope he can leave the game better than simply retiring due to this injury.

sad day for all rocket fans, after such an exciting playoff run. the irony is excruciating.

2. lalala902102001

Too bad Yao just became virtually untradeable with today's news. Maybe his expiring contract will be worth something in 2011. I'm sure that if his injury are career-ending the Rockets can get a medical exception somehow.

3. Chinesexiaohai

oh no no no i dont believe it

4. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

That's couldn't be true. God bless Yao.
    We clutches and all Chinese fans can't go without Yao.

5. yao.zhao

yao.zhao Member

I really only wanna believe that is a rumor~

6. sn09

sn09 Member

I'm absolutely devastated about the news but i can only imagine how Yao is feeling right now. The man's life has literally revolved around the game of basketball, god know's what he is going to do fo the rest of his life. I mean, he went to a sporting academy instead of school, and has spent his teenage years and adulthood playing the game he loves and now, in an instant it is all taken away from him.

I know fan's are angry about the news and our 'curse', but we got to look at things in perspective. He didn't intentionally break his foot and he gave everything he could for this organisation and for his nation. We might be pissed off that we might not win a championship this year, but Yao has lost more than just a possible ring.

7. Super Von

Super Von Member

So no Tracy, no Wafer and now no Yao? Mutombo's gone.

We can forget about Artest then.

Wtf is going on.

8. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

I can see now why TMac said he was more worried about Yao's injury than his own.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Heh, I was thinking about excatly the same thing yesterday.

10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

At least Yao wants to play for the Rockets. Tracy just wants to get paid.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i forgot about that...when did he say that??

12. petey006

petey006 Rookie

i can't believe this is true. So heartbreaking because Yao is my favorite player!
    One of the best center and freindliest players in the NBA!

Now the Rockets really do not have a center. Hopefully, his foot will heal :(

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I belive he wrote it on his blog.

14. towW

towW Member

15. danny317

danny317 Member

at this point id be willing to try some chinese herbal medicine.

whats there to lose. if theyre going to put yao in a hard cast, then you might as well give the herbal stuff a shot.

say no to surgery.

get well soon yao!

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

One has absolute nothing to do with the other. Tracy said he was more concerned about Yao's injury than his own and you say at least Yao wants to play for the Rockets. Did you pass the TAKS Test? Your understanding is horrible.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Bucher now tweets:

18. Habby52

Habby52 Member

I say we bomb this enitre season and get the #1 draft pick. we have been waiting for a season where everyone is healthy for so long. play all the bench players this season, let them build up confidence than return with Yao, Tmac, Scola, Artest Battier, all improved bench players, and the #1 draft pick.

It sounds dumb, but the way things are going you have to consider it. it looks like weve gone from Clutch city to CRUTCH city.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

This might be our David Robinson season. Hey, it worked out great for the Sperms!

Why hasn't this thread been stickied yet? It's only the most important news item of the offseason.

20. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Trade fore Amare and Barbosa.

Resign Artest.