1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets could lose Yao for season—or longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Jun 29, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think opposite. If they Don't trade T=mac they are rebuilding with the Cap room in 2010.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

There most likely going to keep him down and let his contract expire. There not going to give him up for worse contracts.

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yep, we can say bye to our "big 3" now, rebuilding won't be that bad i guess, every team has to rebuild eventually..

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I had so much faith in next season. Today my Wife tells me the news and I can only say what if..............

But it's time to move on. Thanks Yao for being one the hardest working players in the league.

Go Rockets, time for a new Era.

5. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Tracy is not staying. Period.

6. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

remember in the past thread about yao's foot not healing properly. some members called us idiots and said that this is no big concern? well, how does crow taste now?

they already put in screws there before. and now it still cracked. now, what are they do again? go in and put new screws? theyre not addressing the problem, theyre only remedying it. they need to seriously reduce yao's minutes to 15-20 and get villanueva and amare here.

7. keez857

keez857 Member

Ughh.... posting my disdain here. Rockets Fans... our hearts can't take this anymore...

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm actually not as saddened by this injury as I was by earlier Yao injury news. It's gotten to the point where I think having Yao hurts the Rockets more than he helps, because he's untradable from a financial standpoint. This injury just force the Rockets hands to move on without him.

Anyway, I think this totally changes how we deal with the offseason. And now I'm glad that we skipped out on VC and Richard Jefferson(perhaps Morey knew beforehand?). Now whichever player we target has to be young too, rather than just a being a good player to plug in. I also wonder about whether we'll resign Artest or not.

Regardless, here's to the Rockets joining the 2010 FA bonanza.

9. The Brian

The Brian Member

as i've said, i'll take half a season out.

gladly.

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

I don't think the half-seasons are going to cut it anymore.

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

it doesn't really have to be for a bad contract. I mean if there was a quality trade out there for McGrady you could possibly get 2,3 or even 4 good role players to help out. Its not really taking on bad contracts. See whats out there.

Other than that does this mean Rasheed Wallace?? The Rockets so desperately wanted someone who was capable of spacing the floor. Wallace wouldn't be such a bad idea. McGrady (assuming he is going to be ready ) and Wallace with that pick and pop would be deadly.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I blame this on JVG. After T-Mac was out in 2005-2006, JVG kept playing Yao until Okur kicked and broke Yao's foot. That's the beginning of Yao's foot injury in NBA (Yao's toe didn't count, it's just an infection). It also costed the Houston Rockets Brandon Roy.

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Ok? Is there a vote on it that I don't know about? I would take half a season too, instead of a full season out, but we might not have that option.

14. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I didn't know Morey had a clutchfans account :rolleyes:

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

As a Rockets fan or any fan, you can simply hope that Rockets trade Yao, even just for some garbage, instead of wishing him career-ending injury. JMHO.

16. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

If this is true...

I hope we dont try to make a few moves just stay competitve....Throw in the towel and lets start this thing over. The goal is to wins RINGS not make the playoffs. This is a sad day to be a Rockets fan, but I know we will return to greatness. Lottery Bound 2010!! It would be greta to get are hands on John Wall.....

What a sad day

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

If they don't trade T-Mac then I think they maybe giving up also. I mean no one knows his time table. After him who can you say is a go 2 guy?? Who other than Brooks can create their own shot??

If they don't trade T-Mac, end up signing Von and Ron back, and hopefully have Dorsey ready for the upcoming season then you will probably be looking at a different version of the old Phoenix Suns team but with Defense

18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Why did this need it's own thread?

lock.

19. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Wow this sucks. I heard some conversation on Yao on 610 during my drive home, but i never heard the story. I immediately get on the site and see this.... I guess the writing was on the wall with Yao. He's just too heavy to be logging that much court time, especially after multiple surgeries. Even if he comes back this year, its only a matter of time until he gets hurt again, smashing our expectations yet again. Keep him out for two years, whatever it takes, get him back on the court playing again, then trade him after a few games. Who knows what McGrady will contribute to the team this season, if anything. Unfortunately, its time to rebuild around our young talent. I never thought I'd be saying that months after we took the Lakers to the brink. Wow this sucks my Rocket brethren, but we will fight on. I guess we need to cross our fingers, toes and everything in the hopes that McGrady returns and plays well. At least then we will have a valuable commodity besides our young talent for trading. Morey has his work cut out for him.

20. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

if we bring back rafer, we would best 1st rd, 1st pick for sure... 2010