1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You know? Honestly, I'm like moestavern19, in that I'm not all that upset really. I feel calm.

I'm sick of the season ending injury after season ending injury for both our stars.

Time to move on.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is like the ending of the Titanic.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is it false hope that we'll retool the roster? We don't really know what the roster will look like come opening night. With the role players that we have to build off of things are definitely not grim.

They're only grim for those who had a man-crush on Yao or TMac.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Exactly. Exactly.

Having Yao and TMac on your team is bad for your health.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Because I'm not blind?

I will still watch every single game and cheer my ass off every night, you better believe that

but I'm not going to say that this team is going to win a championship with out Yao or Tracy because then I would just look dumb.

but that doesn't mean I won't support them just as much as I would if they were making a title run.

6. mic

mic Contributing Member

I initially felt that way, but then it really hit me. I haven't cried that hard in a long time.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

A "Playoffs? No way" thread may actually be appropriate this time. :(

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

The old lady jumps, right?

9. FishBulb913

Okay how are we going to re-tool and still have a team that can compete for a championship with out Yao or Tracy?

Let me set this straight, I'm a ROCKETS FAN, not a Yao fan or a Tracy fan. But I know this team is a lot better when those 2 are healthy.

What can we trade Tracy or anyone else for that will help us contend without Yao??

I'm sorry, but I do not want the Rockets to put me through years of mediocrity like baseball fans have faced with the Astros the past few years because they refuse to simply rebuild and continue to think they can just "retool"

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I can be even more pessimistic than that. How about we squeak into the playoffs, get run off the court in the 1st round then end up watching all the studs in next year's draft go to other teams?

Just a joke but missing the playoffs would probably be better than the latter possibility.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Please start the "#1 pick? No way." thread.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

:D

Now you're talkin...

13. Duffy Pratt

Duffy Pratt Member

If there is much to the story, Artest will be justified in asking for more. After all, he will be the number one guy on the team. The Rockets will then have to decide whether to overpay Artest or let him go. If it's true, they should let him go, and probably Wafer as well. In that case, the starting team will be

Scola
    Landry
    Shane
    Lowry?
    Brooks

And the team will still be in the luxury tax? Morey may be a magician, but we're talking about something like making bricks without straw. It takes more than a mere magician.

So the hope people are left with is that the report is false. Maybe so, but I'm not gonna bet the house on it.

Oh, and I doubt that Amare is gonna come to a team where he would alway have to play the 5. And if he does, you are probably looking at some significant injuries for him as well.

14. H-Town Forever

True but who do we save? who gets a chance to live while holding onto the wooden door for dear life?

As of now IMO you throw Stacy and Yao in the water along with Leo.

15. van chief

van chief Member

time to freak out

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6503064.html
    FROM THE ARTICLE LINK ABOVE
    Rockets center Yao Ming’s left foot injury could be severe enough to be season ending or even career-threatening depending on the success of potential treatments chosen, Rockets team physician Tom Clanton said Monday.

"At this point, the injury has the potential for him missing this next season and could be career threatening," Clanton said. "One of the things we are trying to get is a consensus opinion on that, to make certain there is no option we are overlooking that would provide an earlier return or would be an option for treatment that he would prefer rather than doing additional surgery."

Clanton, responding to a story on Yahoo Sports that reported that the Rockets and Yao representatives are concerned Yao will never play again, said that Yao could choose to try again to immobilize the foot in the hopes that the hairline fracture of the tarsal navicular bone would heal on its own, as several of his previous bone injuries have and doctors expected this time.

"We are not going to comment," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said, "until we have all the facts."

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Because you used the fact that we went .500 against the champs, in the playoffs, as evidence that the team was bad. That's insane.

That's a better record than anyone else in the playoffs had against them. And it definitely suggests that we belong in the upper echelon even without Yao, more than it does that we don't.

17. The Brian

The Brian Member

i think if we had ron we'd have a .500 team with the rest of our roster playing small ball.

18. FishBulb913

Way to twist my words dude, that's not quite what I said. I pointed out that yeah we went .500 against the Lakers, but that wasn't my reasoning for not feeling to great was it?

What I said in regards to the Lakers series was.

"Yes we did take them to 7 games, but a lot more went into those games. there is a difference in going out any playing with heart and a "lets win this one for Yao and to prove the haters wrong!" for 2 games, and doing it for an 82 game season, people seem to forget that yeah we beat the lakers twice without Yao, but we also got destroyed twice."

19. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

If what is being reported is true, we won't have the same team that took the Lakers to 7 games. Without Yao, I doubt Ron and Von will resign. We might have to start Taylor or Budinger on opening night. OMG

20. tested911

tested911 Member

I'm Calm! Because :)

1. We will have so much money freed up in 2010 that WE CAN sign at Least Two Max contract players or sign one Max Contract players with a great supporting cast. We will be players in 2010.

D'Wade;Bosh;Lebron ( :rolleyes: ); we will have the money, we have a great coaching staff, great city (4th-5th Largest)...

There is a silver lining and it is this.
    What other time in the NBA where your superstar goes down for good (still up in the air on that one but assuming ) and after 1 year have a chance to be a competitor?