1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Yao-Mac Era, is it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 29, 2009.

?

The Yao Era, is it over?

1. Yes, The End of the Road

437 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No, One more time

119 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

I didn't know Yao did not play full-court. This whole time I thought I saw him running back and forth.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Even if there is, we could end up 0 and 82 and not get him because of the way the lottery works.

3. Glacier

Glacier Member

R.I.P the basketball Yao. I wish him a wonderful future after he has to leave the basketball court. Maybe he could be a big man coach in an NBA team or could become an influential basketball official in China.

4. BrooksBall

I wonder what Les' face looks like right about now. What is the opposite of "Cha-Ching!!!"?

5. apxn82

apxn82 Member

u telling me u actually feel sorry for les? u kidding me? he done milk as much money as he could out of Yao by now.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I knew Yao wasn't going to last after 30 years of age. I feel very sad now.

7. apxn82

apxn82 Member

you sound like he dying or something. There is life after basketball too you know. and I aint feelin sorry for him. He still made millions. He'll be chillin at tropical island somewhere rest of his life.

8. BrooksBall

You chose to interpret that as sympathy. That was not my intention. I've actually criticized Les over the years for meddling too much in basketball-related decisions (while making the assumption that he has done that without absolute evidence). I certainly don't feel sorry for him in any way. It was merely a thought given all the "cash cow" debates that have gone down in here over the years.

9. apxn82

apxn82 Member

truth is you can't blame anyone for this. Yao gave it all he got when he's able to play. Les willing to spend the money to win. It's just an H-town curse that's all.

10. BrooksBall

It isn't an "H-Town curse."

1. There are obvious, inherent risks in drafting a 7'6, 300+ lb basketball player. No real shocker to hear the latest news.

2. As far as McGrady, the dude has scoliosis. He was predicted to be injury-prone early in his career and was already symptomatic (knees and back) at the time we traded for him. Really not a shocker to see how things turned out in his case, either.

3. Those two players formed the foundation of our team for the last several years and have represented the bulk of our injury problems or "curse," if you are so inclined to call it that. All players in this league battle injuries to some extent but we built around two guys that had a greater likelihood of getting more serious and repetitive injuries.

4. I'm not sure about this but I believe the rest of our roster during the Yao/McGrady era has probably been injured at a normal rate, and maybe even a lesser rate, compared to the rest of the league. The statistics to support/refute this claim are out there somewhere.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

That was hilarious! Thanks I needed that. Love me some animal house. Hate to say it but I think it is over

12. yo

yo Contributing Member

Sorry guys, had to do this.

It's over. :(

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5382863&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5382863&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Obligatory "When healthy...." refernce

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the choice of Boyz II Men! :)

15. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'm glad it's over. 2 of the most brittle players in history. jesus. we all know yao will get injured every year. and tracy just gets worse with his body every year also.

finally the day has come.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oeF8Ct6XnlY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oeF8Ct6XnlY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

I am ready for the spurs era to be over. There is only so much bragging i can take from spurs fans, and there is only so many times i can reference hakeem man-handling robinson in 95. LOL.

Somebody please stop the insanity.

19. somenobody

somenobody Member

I am a Yao's fan and I hate to say this. But I am afraid it is over. It ruined a good day!

20. Cam_Bron_James

With T-Mac at 29, and Yao at 27-28 years old It's almost safe to say this partnership is over.

I guess in retrospect it wasn't the greatest of partnerships anyway with the team not once making it past the first round while both of them were playing. It's a sad time, but the team has proven they can play solid basketball without both of them, I don't know what the team can do from here.....

I pose a question...Do we count our losses and ship them both off, or do the supportive thing and keep them in a Rockets uniform?