1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets could lose Yao for season—or longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Just might signal the sign to rebuild :(

2. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm going to wait to see what comes out about this but... if i'm going through the stages of grief i would now be on anger... and I can't help but fixate on McGrady

A guy who has all the talent in the world but no desire, no heart. If this is truly a career ender the contrast can't be more distinct.

McGrady is a freaking throwaway if he doesn't come... Yao is tragic.

3. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

One thing a YAO MING-led team will always have...work ethic, selflessness, pride, commitment, loyalty, personal responsibility. When your best player personifies all this, you damn well follow suit.

I don't know HOW you replace that.

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I'm with you guys. I feel very bad for the guy, but this wasn't exactly a shock.

5. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

This feels strangely like last weeks MJ saga - is he dead, coma, etc.

The silence by the Rockets on this is VERY telling.

6. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

screwed jhfliuwehrfwejfbasd;fjoanshjwegfvsfbh

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

"The maximum salary for the replacement player is 50% of the injured player's salary, or the average salary, whichever is less "
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Avg salary for last year: 5.5 mil

1 person likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What you are suggesting is perfectly logical. There is no other way.They should start from scratch.

9. Rocket Rowdie

Rocket Rowdie Member

If you are by any means telling me that Yahoo! Sports is going to be the authority on this story, such a HUGE story not just for us but for the entire NBA and large chunk of the world, and that they could some how break this before ESPN or the Chronicle (the only local authority), I'm going to say that you and your source are malarkey. Pure malarkey!

A fracture doesn't respond to a particular type of treatment, and suddenly it becomes a career ending injury? I just hope the major sources don't pick up on this, or else this writer has gotten his first big break.

10. MD_in_Training

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You trade for Zach Randolph.

Oh yeah.

12. Summer Song Giver

I'll take the under.

13. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

Wow, this sucks if it is true. I wont believe it til something is officialy release by the rockets. I feel bad for Yao, guys alway play hard and play heart. Guy is warrior, a true rocket. Get better Yao, the team needs you. :(

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Looks like Yao needs to talk to T-Mac and go on a similar Medical Mystery Tour of orthopedists & osteopaths throughout the US, like Tracy went on last year. Get ready to hit the road Yao!

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This news will kill us. Teams will now know we're desperate and will force Morey to give up a lot more than he wants to in trades.

Toast.

16. 3rdRingsAComin

Can we release Yao? What are the consequences to releasing an NBA player, do we still have to pay his entire contract?

Im not suggesting, just inquiring, especially without word from the Rockets.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The chron sucks. Fiegan is just a shill for the rockets. I am suprised berman didn't break it.

18. MD_in_Training

If this report turns out to be nothing but idle speculation, I demand this "reporter's" head.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

I love when people who don't want to believe bad news (which may not be true) begin trying to discredit a writer by claiming he is some diminutive writer who's never had a break before.

ESPN tends to rip other stories and the Chronicle doesn't break anything. Heck, hours before Ivan Rodriguez signed with the Astros, the "local authority" was on local radio trashing national reporters for being ignorant when they reported he was going to sign.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member