1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get Speculative!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Jun 26, 2009.

1. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I wish we could trade TMac to the Clippers for Camby and throw in Cook as a free gift with purchase, since that is what he was for us, send Dorsey to the D League and improve, buy out Barry and let him retire, and use the same starters as last season {assuming Ron and Von resign},let Von come in off the bench for Shane and Taylor for Ron, and when needed have the Chase guy come in. Just a few minor tweaks for the team, and this way the team chemistry isn't messed up, and Yao will have a back up who allows him to rest, and maybe sit out back-to-backs and rest hsi feet and legs. I'll miss seeing Deke doing the finger wag,he's a one of a kind.

2. Ehter

Ehter Member

oh man oh love this one

And it is plausible: only DM could work out something like tmac, ab, and landry for amare and barbosa :p But i dont think you can sign a player then trade him just after, except on a sign and trade.

But on the pg, Rubio is for real, he had some crazy games during the olympics.. and he was 17 :eek:

3. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Here is the starting lineup for Houston Rockets in 2010.

Aaron Brooks
    Tracy McGrady
    Ron Artest
    Luis Scola
    Yao

Stop daydreaming about Rubious and Kobes, Amares... that ain't happening folks, talk productive like re-signing RonRon and Von Wafer - things that are actually related to Rockets and basketball.

What Ricky Rubio? I see more news and talk about Rubio than about Micheal's death.

4. scola4

scola4 Member

Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry
    Richard Hamilton/Von Wafer
    Ron Artest/Shane Battier
    Luis Scola/Carl Landry
    Yao Ming/Zaza Pachulia

wow thats complete and scary...

5. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

come on guys stop this fantasy line-up thing were not gonna get rubio or amare.... here's the most likely line-up 4 next season

brooks/lowry
    artest/taylor
    battier/budinger
    scola/landry
    yao/mcdyess

with the moves morey made on draft night you can tell were not gonna re-sign wafer were going after a back-up center and mcdyess fits the bill.. he's a houston native and his off-season home is in houston ....now later on in the season mark my words t-mac returns and has an impact and were on the road to the title... this team can take on the lakers and spurs im not worried about them... by the way dont be surprised if bobby jackson returns as insurance if an injury occurs to brooks or lowry.... now this is more realistic and possible :D

6. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

That is probably because you watched ESPN and the NBA Draft last night and read clutchfans instead of watching the news and going to cnn.com. Not that there is anything wrong with that but your entertainment is clearly sports because Michael Jackson is way bigger news.

7. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

5 Stars<p>I've been saying for a while that I would love Mcdyess on this team. This is the most realistic lineup. Though I would love Amare, I think this is lineup is possible. Then if we can bring in B. Jax for vet min. and Tmac can come 85% we will compete against anybody.<p>I'm heartbroken like everyone else ,but let's face it we are not getting Amare or Rubio, or any allstar for that matter.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Darn if we could trade T-Mac's contract for Camby and parts, then Sign Hedo T. or Ron Ron maybe both with some nice accounting, Rox could be set to combat the Spurs moves or anyone else.

Yao/Camby/Cook
    Scola/Dorsey/Hayes
    Artest/Battier/Budinger
    Hedo T./White/Taylor
    Brooks/Lowry/Barry

This would make me buy a 14 game plan!!! :D

9. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

My general speculation is this:

Looking at what it took to get VC from the Nets and Jefferson from the Bucks I think the Rockets could have easily bettered those deals with McGrady as the center peice and one of the young guns (Lowery, Brooks, Landry).

Assuming Morey was aware of those deals and chose NOT to best them, he must have something bigger and better up his sleeve. I can't say I have a real clue as to what that might be but I'll bet it's a stunner!!!

BTW - I don't think its Stoudemire.

10. therox3

therox3 Member

isn't nearly every post on this site already speculation?

11. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

I can understand why every1 is getting so excited about Amare and Rubio etc, but that's not what we need!

Our team is built around Yao, and while I think the PG position with Brooks and Lowry isn't perfect (brooks as a starter being too small to lob into post and is a shoot 1st pg), I can live without an upgrade, plus Rubio is a young rookie (unlike Scola's rookie year) so who knows how long it would take?

As for the PF position, is it just me or Scola has totally learned how to play with Yao in the lineup? Scola can score a bunch when the opposing defense is focusing on Yao; Landry provide offensive spark off the bench and has learned a respectable mid-range jumper; Hayes can slot in when needed and can overpower 90% of the post scoring players in the league. Why would we want A'ME're here?

Our immediate need is to find a backup C for Yao, a well-rounded backup C who can start if necessary; our team is built around Yao and we have NO backup for our most important piece and that's unacceptable.

The SG position is second priority, we actually have four SGs on our team in Tmac, Ron, Won and Brent but none of them is staying for sure.

PG and PF, why would we want to mess with something that's been working out so well, especially PF?

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the only other disgruntled start is chris bosh, that i can think of, that would really make a splash.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Baron might be less available for now since Griffin has been drafted,or else Camby and Baron might have worked. I like Marcus, but Baron scares me because of his health issues,

14. tomjc

tomjc Member

[​IMG]

let's play a game, guess which guy we want?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,it is. Some folk need to be more realistic,but in general the wild stuff is dying down. It's nice to see people excited even after the draft.

16. VictorLHugo

VictorLHugo Member

They will trade Brooks,not Battier.

17. faraza84

faraza84 Member

i think josh smith is possible, his name is coming up and it could be linked to amare, if we can get a 3 way trade with the hawks and suns i could see something getting done.

hawks want to drop salary and josh smith is keeping them from signing bibby and marvin williams.

amare needs to be moved for cost cutting as well

tmac can be the answer to either of the teams it just depends what each team gets.

remember steve kerr said, he knows they arent contenders and they are trying to save money at the same time. what i dont get is why would nash want to be on that team without amare, i dont see them making the playoffs again, this could lessen their chances of season ticket holders so im assuming our picks will be used to plug and chug into the suns or hawks. exactly im not sure what are yalls thoughts?

18. albuster

albuster Member

This lineup would be second round and done. The other WC teams are really stocking up on talent and the Rockets are tinkering with 2nd round picks! Morey seems to be emulating CD in his late yrs with the Rockets. Unless more talent is added this team is not going anywhere. Those 2nd rd picks are ego boosters for Morey but basketball wise, it is bs.

19. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Realistic (IMO)

Rubio/Lowry
    Artest/Taylor/FA
    Battier/Artest/FA
    Scola/Hayes/Dorsey
    Yao/FA/Hayes

I haven't been keeping up with whose a free agent this year thats why I didnt put anyone

Dream

Rubio/Lowry
    Artest/Barbosa/Wafer
    Torgoklu/Battier/Artest
    Stoudemire/Scola/Hayes
    Yao/Stoudemire/Birdman/Hayes

Again, I'm not very up on this free agent class, I knew those guys were free agents though

20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Yao/Biedrins
    Scola/Hayes
    Artest/Battier
    S.Jackson/Wafer
    Barbosa/Lowry