1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you be happy if we got nothing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tsquare, Jun 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

No, I would not feel bad at all, I feel as though we should leave the team as is and wait to see how Tracy recovers. If he can give us just 90 percent, we win a championship with the current roster

2. bcast89

bcast89 Member

even if he was healthy he'd only give us 50%. and thats on a GOOD day... :rolleyes:

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Fro a All-Star like Amare yes. Trust Morey. He will acquire young talents like He did with Landry and Brooks. Given a chance to get Amare, They should gamble. High risk due to Amare's history of injuries but a risk needed to be taken.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

but what im trying to get across is why are we shooting for talent in a bad draft...can't we wait another year??

5. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Regarding the draft, We do not know. Trust Morey and Adelman. They may know something that we do not know and base on the past drafts, they have done an outstanding job so far.

6. vstexas09

i guess, but what can be more promising than keeping brooks and landry, and the talent they have developed so far...what's wrong with that??

7. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Nothing, but having the opportunity to get an All Star is rare and should not be ignored or passed up. Players like Carl and Brooks are good players but They can be easily replaced. Chemistry is the only thing, The Rockets could be losing immediately. In time, that will be formed.

8. vstexas09

who could we replace tracy with...??

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

After hearing Orlando got VC....I won't be happy if we got nothing.

Teams that are stacked are doing something to make themselves better......

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I went from neutral if we did or didnt make move, to maybe we have to make a move, to now yes we have to make a move. SA, Cleveland, NJ got better. Not to mention the LAL are still the LAL. If we want to win the championship Morey better be on the phone.

11. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I can't believe the Magic might be getting Vince Carter now. :rolleyes: It seems like everyone is in the wholesale but us right now. :mad:

12. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

If the team gets better via trade or draft, then I am happy. If the team decides it would be better off without making any moves and then wait to make any moves later on during the season before the deadline, then I am okay with that too.

Having said that, I do believe that they need to make a deal to get something back for t-mac. We need an athletic wing man to overcome that last hurdle and win a championship.

:cool:

13. herro

herro Member

ROFL no we wouldn't

14. Raven

Raven Member

Don't forget San Antonio.

15. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Just looking at that name pisses me off.

Grrrrr

16. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

If SA somehow gets a decent center to play next to Duncan like a Gortat then the whole league is in trouble. That line-up would be unfair: :(

Parker
    Manu
    Jefferson
    Duncan
    Gortat

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

:D

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If they make no moves they are in serious, serious trouble next year. People vastly overrate how god the team is based on the 7 game series with LA.

18. summitts20

summitts20 Member

I would be utterly disappointed because I have been refreshing this page about every minute haha

19. herro

herro Member

Yao's health is a question mark. His ability to play a whole season + playoffs is also a question mark.

Tracy will more than likely be in and out of lineups for the rest of his career.

clearly we need to do something or we risk wasting basically Yao's prime.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Thank You for Nothing

I sit in front of the computer waiting for something to happen from are great GM and nothing. For 3 days I wait and nothing. Then the first news I get is Yao's foot is still screwed up! What kind of stupid r****ded doctors do we have! Then I here reports of Tmac for Amare. Not the best deal but at least it is something. But then it is reported as a total fluke! Morey calls a press conference and reports nothing! I stop all to listen and it is nothing just nothing! What a waste!

And all the time I watch all the best teams get better. Cleveland gets Shaq! The Spurs get jefferson! Orlando gets Carter! Portland will sign turkoglu or hinrich! Bynum will actually be better and the Lakers will pick up a PG somehow. And the Rockets have just gotten the worst possible news on Yao's foot and nothing. Everyone is buying picks and the Rockets do nothing!

And to top it all off Michael jackson dies! The mentally deranged who in spite of all his sicknees I wanted to see perform one more time is dead. The greatest entertainer and producer of the Album thriller which sold over 50 million copies is dead! And so are our chances next year to win a title!