1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I thought Adam Morrison would be IT

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by carolbmt, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I don't follow you around, you are just everywhere! Look at you post count!! :eek: It's impossible to miss that. And I couldn't care less about making videos of myself talking about crazy trade scenarios, etc. And why would you assume I'm some kid? Is it b/c I have a xbox live accout or something? :rolleyes: I'm no kid, but maybe you would see me as one cause you're a 40+ year old man with no life it seems like.

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Well, for me, pretty much whatever DaDa thinks, I know the opposite will happen. So I'm thrilled to visit this thread and see that he doesn't think highly of Thabeet.

I think Thabeet will be the best player from this draft hands down. The guy is 7'3 and athletic and very coordinated for a big man. He almost reminds me of Shaq coming out of college. If he can get a decent shot, a few post moves, and hit his free throws. Look out. This guy has the most upside by far of any players drafted in this draft.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I thought Morrison would suck. What do I win?

I though Carmello would be the best player from the 2003 Draft. :eek:

4. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Unlike jumpshots, you can't guard court vision. Rubio seemed nimble enough in the Olympics, so in the right system, Rubio can be a 14 points, 9 assists, 2 steals a game type of guy. On defense, with the rules as they are, there aren't many shutdown perimeter defenders. It's probably more important to have savy team defensive awareness. Overall, passing is contagious, and, at the very least, he'll make his teammates better.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

To me, the only thing preventing Rubio from becoming prime Steve Nash at 18 is the shooting. That's it. The court vision, the savvy, the creativity, Rubio already has that. He doesn't have the greatest foot speed to be able to stay in front of athletic freaks, but I believe he can definitely make it up with will and Bball IQ, just like Battier and Bowen. Rubio was defensive player of the year in his league, I expect he'll do just fine once he becomes accustomed to the rules and refereeing.

Everyone seems to downplay the fact that the kid is only 18, yet already has more experience than NCAA seniors who get drafted. He still has so much time left to develop a jumper. Once he does, look out. You're gonna see one of the most unstoppable offensive forces the league has ever seen.

6. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I still think Morrison could do well.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You know what really ticks me off... this loser now has a Championship ring and didn't play a single minute in the playoffs.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

A pg with slow feet is not gonna work. Rubio has slow feet. Its one thing to not be fast, but slow feet is something else. Nash has great feet from soccer and stockton also had suddeness. Here is the difference in the nba. When you get by a guy, can you increase the distance between? Thats the problem Rubio is going to have just like Jaseckavecik, Plannic, and Jaric. The deal is and what Livingston such a high talent is that he was not only a natural pg, but he had the quickness and explosion to be able to get by guys and increase the distance because of footspeed. Now we don't know what kind of player he was going to be because of the injuries, but livingston had the goods in terms of feel and floor game. Just like we also see is that he still has trouble gaining weight and strength.

9. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

atleast Adam Morrison has more rings than Barkley, Malone, Ewing and Stockton combined

10. Ryan Bowen MVP

Which is a bigger bust - Morrison or Reddick?

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morrison of course. He was a higher pick and Reddick was actually playing in the playoffs for the Magic.

12. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

has adam morrison even played a complete NBA season? the Bobcats barely used him, the Lakers just traded for him for cap relief and suited Sun Yue instead of him?

And to think some posters thought he would be the next Bird