1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Full Metal Alchemist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

oh, i'd also like to recommend 'bokurano.' great, great series and a deep reflection on the meaning of life and our will to survive and thrive.

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. Best anime series period.

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Been watching this over the past few days at animefreak.tv. Pretty good stuff.

How appropriate. :) But seriously, I love both of these series, I think the latter more than the former. Probably because Mugen is just so damn cool.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I've still only ever watched about the first 5-6 episodes... kinda lost interest.

Death Note is still the best anime I've ever seen... followed by GTO.

5. shishcabibble

shishcabibble Member

Oh snap, an anime thread on Clutchfans. My favorites are Death Note, Big-O, Inuyasha, Witch Hunter Robin and Trigun. I also really like the crack anime shows like Ouran High School Host Club and Soul Eater. I can't watch dubbed anime, though. As long as it's subbed, I'm fine. Also, the movie Akira was great. Just sayin'.

I apparently need to check out some more anime, though. Like FMA and Cowboy Bepop. I've only seen a couple of episodes of each, when they were on Adult Swim. Alright, enough geeking out. I...just wanted to share, haha.

6. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Haven't seen Cowboy Bebop yet, but Samurai Champloo was awesome

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm guessing new stuff based on the manga will start to show up in the 2nd season.

8. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

just watched paprika. what a trip. also, mind game is incredibly weird.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So anyone still watching FMA: Brotherhood now that they've gotten past the point where the original series deviated from the manga?

I have to say, it's been pretty cool so far, seeing new onscreen FMA material, and the animation in this series is simply outstanding. Only problem is some weeks it takes a few days for a decent dub of the latest episode to be released, but that's just nitpicking.

I suppose if I wasn't such a lazy ass, I could just learn Japanese. :)

10. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

FACT: 90% of the people in this thread are asians

11. YourSecretLover

its been decent...i feel like its going a little too fast and they are skipping some of the little details from the original manga.

does anyone see the connection between the country ametris and germany back in world war 2. King Bradley was probably meant to portray Hitler and the ishvilians are like the jews/muslims. Xing seems like imperial china.

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Bump!

So, the final episode of FMA: Brotherhood airs Sunday (subbed. The American dub on Adult Swim still has a loooooong way to go). 64 episodes with a new one every week. About a year and 3 months nonstop. It's been awesome. In fact, it's kinda weird, but when I watch the episodes premiereng on AS, I get really into them like I'm seeing them for the first time, even though I'm also watching ones from later in the same season. There's just so many episodes, you pretty much forget what the hell happened in the early ones.

1st anime and movies done, Manga over, and now this coming to an end. Gonna be hard saying bye to Ed, Al, Winry, Mustang, Scar, Mei, Rin, and the rest. Anyone still watching? How have you liked FMA:B?

Guess I'll go check out that other anime thread to see what to watch next. :)

13. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Yeah I read the rest of the manga and man, the ending is good. It's not mind blowing, but it definitely gives you closure. Definitely better than the LOST ending...meh.

It'll be hard saying goodbye to FMA, but they did the series right by ending it this way. You'll definitely like it.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

FMA was my first anime (well, aside from things like Doraemon I watched as a kid), and ironically the only one I've actually paid attention to in around 6 months. Shame the whole thing is over, it was a good series and I liked the ending a lot.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked it, and the original anime was also very good.

Pretty rare for the anime to be as good as the manga.

16. YourSecretLover

Just finished FMA Brotherhood. I would say it is better than the first series

17. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

I've only watched a few episodes of FMA on Cartoon Network, but I think I'll start watching the whole thing now. What I gather from the comments is that there are two series, the original one and a newer one called "Brotherhood". Are there any other things (like movies) I should be aware of?

Also, I agree with AstroRocket about it being hard to let go of the characters once the series is done. I've watched Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Avatar: The Last Airbender among other things, and once it's done there's a slight feeling of depression knowing there's nothing more.

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

There was one feature length movie for the first series that kind of closed it out. It takes place at the very end of the story.

I'm in the middle of Brotherhood. I've got to say that I'm enjoying it more now that the story has split off from the first series. The English dubs are excellent as well. I usually just watch the English dubs on Adult Swim, not a fan of the English sub version on the internet.