1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Only difference is T-mac was supposedly injured trying to dunk, J-rich was showboating and instead of taking care of business he made an @ss out himself.

2. RocketInfoMan

RocketInfoMan Member

3. RocketsMVT

RocketsMVT Member

just like josh smith in the playoffs and lost!

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

They gonna be your point guard? Thats like saying I want Shaq over Brooks because he's won rings but he isn't what this team needs right now. You guys see flashy names and you get all gushy but once the honeymoon is over you will be begging for him back. If we are getting Bibby or someone through free agency then this is all a mute subject but since we are left in the dark I say bad trade from this stand point.

5. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Don't start with the name calling. :rolleyes: you would the dumb one if you think Brooks is that much better or even better than Barbosa at all. Barbosa can put up numbers like Brooks and better, but do it coming off the bench.

"Read a book"... that's the best you can come up with then you better go to school. haaa :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

I was hoping the deal did not include Landry so that He could be traded for a pick or a pg. However, Barbosa can make up for the speed and scoring of Brooks and Amare..... :D

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well this is a definite upgrade at size and athleticism, without sacraficing very much on the defensive end. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

8. Zfan

Zfan Member

omg... this is a risky move. I don't want to lose Brooks and Amare's knee is a doubt.

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Oh yeah, this is a free world buddy. I'll post on here and state my opinion if i please. I can't stop me and but you can try. If you like to... I'll be waiting at my place with my .45.

10. RocketsMVT

RocketsMVT Member

I don't think he's declining yet. He got more years in him. Nash didn't do so good last year because of terry porters offense but when he left, he did come back to this old self.

11. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

really? ...did he???

12. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

LOL, first BBS death threat? :eek: :D :eek:

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Don't get why everyone is afraid to lose Brooks. Leandro + Lowry would be a very effective PG combo. and with Yao, Scola, Amare, we'd be a low post nightmare. the only thing this trade doesn't address is an scoring wing player/3 point shooting guard that we've badly needed since T-mac went out.

14. RocketInfoMan

RocketInfoMan Member

Man i love being a Rockets Fan lol even if Im from New Jersey :D

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Leandro Barbosa is 26 years old

Aaron Brooks is 24 years old

For a team that is trying to set itself up to win now, their ages are entirely irrelevant.

In fact, when Barbosa was Brooks' age he already put up a season of 18 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists and a steal on 48%/43%/85% and won the 6th man of the year award. Other than FT%, all those numbers were as good or better than what Brooks put up when he "owned the Laker's a$$es on national TV..."

Not to mention, the one area where Brooks has an advantage on most everyone in the league is his speed, which Barbosa also has in spades.

And as good as he may possibly get, Aaron will never be 6'3".

#615 ClutchCityReturns, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  16. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

the man speaks the truth

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Nash plays like Stockton. So his mileage for a PG will be good for another 3 yrs.

18. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

no not really. just protecting my rights as an american :)

19. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Wow you want to shoot me because I want you to read? What the hell is wrong with you? You like punching baby bunnies on your days off? Don't take it so personal that Barbosa is garbage. :)

20. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

i have a good feeling if this trade goes through we will sign bibby or kidd. when that happens we gonna win the it all.