1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep TMAC, RON, YAO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Jun 23, 2009.

1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Name 20.

2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

66.7% Agree. Keep RON, YAO

3. herro

herro Member

Keep Ron and Yao!

Tracy, it's been real. Need help packing?

4. Vivid

Vivid Member

Paul
    Williams
    Parker
    Rose
    Wade
    Bryant
    Johnson
    Roy
    Granger
    Durant
    Mayo
    James
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Duncan
    Garnett
    Bosh
    Jefferson
    Dirk
    Aldridge
    Howard

-V

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ron has never proven to be effective offensively except for 20% of the time even when healthy. he needs to take a trevor ariza role and just play some damn defense.

tmac is so unknown right now that it's best to let him go.

6. Mr Chuck Norris

Jefferson..... Rudy Gay.......

7. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

martin/west/gasol/carter/nash/billups ...

I am even OK to trade TMac for some1 like lopez, deng, prince, ..., plus expiring contracts, 50 is not a reach at all.

8. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

theres alot of tmac hate, he tried to play hurt,couldnt,i think if they werent taking turns out of the lineup,tmac and ron might have produced better results.

all will be forgiven if he comes back and plays good. that being said i wanna see a healthy team,then if they suck,ok fine.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Right? The guy brought nothing but grief and chemistry issues last season and people are still acting like if we don't get a franchise player for him we got screwed. Getting rid of the guy for a rotation player or two plus some cap relief is not a bad haul at all. Of course, I want more but it's literally impossible to get less than what the guy gave the team last season and most likely will give this season with his history of taking 3x as long to rehab from injuries as everyone else.

10. ericmark

ericmark Member

I agree, only technically. But NBA is more bussiness.
    So how about this:
    1. Pretend to keep T-mac, then trade him for a good return. Openly getting rid of him will hurt his trading value.
    2. Ron for a short term contract.
    3. No promise to Yao and emphasize he is injury-prone. Sign him at the last minute at a bargain price.

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

lol. Did you know that if the Rockets were not so generous to sign Yao, he'd have to work at McDonalds because he has no talent and other intangibles that make him an asset in the NBA?

12. illwil29

illwil29 Member

13. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I agree with you. I am hoping Lowry is able to become the starting point guard though. I just like his game better overall and then RA can let Brooks shoot all day with the second unit.

14. illwil29

illwil29 Member

you would still have the same problems that we had this post season. No one to create.

Alot of peole watch basketball games, but they do not look at what's really going on! Rocket's next year over the lakers in 6. Now the spurs that's a different story.

15. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

16. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

At his position that are better? A good portion of these players are not SGs. Not try tho...

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i agree, we know this team can perform all the way without tmac, so imagine if they could get him healthy quicker than expected and let him work it out on the court with ron and yao, we could be sick, and if not, we still are capable of beating the lakers and we can still trade tmac at the deadline if we need an extra push...i wish we could just keep everyone and just see what we're actually capable of

18. damienh28

damienh28 Member

Wow u guys seriously hate Tracy McGrady.....
    Why would he come back and play hard for you ... Hes not but for the team
    How did he break his leg trying to win and trying to help the team.... you all forget 13 points 35 seconds.... He tried his hardest when Yao went down 2008 playoffs... He was alone i guarantee we would be champions if he woulddnt of broke his leg...

Big news for you McHaters

Daryl Morey said himself hes not trading Tracy McGrady and if he would it would be right before ddeadline thats only if Tracy comes back playing Garbage which i never seen Tracy play bad...

If you did please show me

This is Tracy team

19. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

i'm on the fence

I won't be dissapointed if we don't trade T-Mac this off-season (especially if we can't get good value in return)

20. damienh28

damienh28 Member

Wow u guys seriously hate Tracy McGrady.....
    Why would he come back and play hard for you ... Hes not but for the team
    How did he break his leg trying to win and trying to help the team.... you all forget 13 points 35 seconds.... He tried his hardest when Yao went down 2008 playoffs... He was alone i guarantee we would be champions if he woulddnt of broke his leg...

Big news for you McHaters

Daryl Morey said himself hes not trading Tracy McGrady and if he would it would be right before ddeadline thats only if Tracy comes back playing Garbage which i never seen Tracy play bad...

If you did please show me

This is Tracy team

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO POST THREADS