1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao downplays rumors of Cavs' interest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Would not happen. Lets all face the facts, Yao will remain a Rocket.

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yao have a better chance of making to the final and winning the championship with the Rockets more then with Cavs. With the Cavs, Yao would probably make it to the final but won't win it all with that current lineup. If they do add another helper for Yao and Lebron, then they will be a team to be reckon with.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron single handily took his team to the finals in 97, almost did again in 98. I think if they can get one other real all-star (not mo williams), I think they can win it all. Lebron had the greatest statistical post season in NBA history this year.

4. Crudder

Crudder Member

You really think so? Who on Houston's squad equates to Lebron?

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

just what kind of players do you think Cavs can afford when paying the huge contracts of Bronbron and Yao?

It still takes a whole team to win it all....not two players

6. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Why?

It's a business, dude. What if Houston trades Yao? You're gonna say Houston is a crap organization?

7. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I get what you're saying, but two superstar players can sometimes neutralize an entire team.

Example: The LA Lakers, 2000-2002

Shaq dominated every center out there...and Kobe dominated everyone else.

8. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

Did Dwight really hurt Cleveland that much...or was it the 3pt shooting if Hedo and Lewis...Yao would most likely offset or straight outperform Howard, but I'm not sure if that would even be enough if you don't stop the 3s from raining down.

That being said, I don't see any team in the East beating a team with Lebron, Yao and 3 guys with a pulse.

9. tming

tming Member

I agree. I've said it beford and I'll say it again. MO Williams is a better version of Aaron Brooks (at the moment). Outside of Lebron, that team has no playmakers.

10. heyangw

heyangw Member

Cavs can afford Yao and LBJ after they get rid of the 10M+ contracts of Szczerbiak, Wallace and Big Z in 2010.
    I agree with you on taking a whole team to win it all part. To win a champion, two superstars are not enough. Every player in the team needs to contribute.

11. i3artow i3aller

No. I would not say that about Houston's organization. We have tried to lock Yao up to an extension time and time again. We have made all the right steps to be able to keep this thing going, but I am not seeing the commitment on his end. He's a hard worker, don't get me wrong, but he should've jumped at the opportunity to re-sign here considering his injury riddled past. So it's like I said, if Yao bolts and heads to Cleveland or anywhere else I will view him as a traitor.

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

This "unknown" comment is getting a lot of press.....I hope he doesn't leave, it would be a shock if he does.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

What Yao said is smart because team status change every year. If the Rockets are going to be a shytty team next year (for some ODD REASON), do you think Yao want to jet and go somewhere where he's almost guaranteed to win rings?? Hell ya!!

14. 2rings

2rings Member

Remember he still has to negotiate a contract with the Rox (he will get max money but its the years he may be focused on); while it makes me very nervous, its probably not good business to completely squelch the rumors.

15. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I can't believe you actually think yao and lebron are going to be on the same team. the only way yao leaves the rockets is either he retires or he gets injured so bad he cant play anymore.

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

After the McGrady implosion, our once powerful tandem is now broken so I don't really care what Yao does after next season, he will be on the downside of his career. However Morey would need to do a SNT to let Yao walk away, perhaps some young talent and definitely some picks in return. Our GM is the reason we will be competative for the next decade even if all the current player slowly make their exodus.

In Morey We Trust!

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I love yao and would hate to see him leave as I'm a rocket fan not a clev fan but let's be realistic brons the best or a second best in the whole league no matter what position and then you team him up with the best center in the game how can you say they wouldn't win chip after chip that's an insult there both to good to lose in the playoffs togrther

18. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Both Yao and Lebron are max players, unless we got Lebron back in trade or the whole team other than Lebron I don't think the salaries would match. If we could trade Yao for Lebron I'd do it in a heartbeat - but that's not going to happen and Morey isn't going to take the likes of Ben Wallace, Big Z, and Delonte West back in a trade for Yao.

19. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

That's why we should make our payroll as slim as we can when that summer comes.

20. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Whoa! Lebron played when he was 12 and 13 years old respectively?