1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe Coach RA should be fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bjshot, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

For having watched NBA ball for 20 years the OP doesn't seem to grasp the concept of cohesion on the court. Having a constanly changing lineup wrecks havoc on gameplans and team chemistry. Rick did the best he could with whoever he had available at the time. The fact that we still won 53 games, made the playoffs in the west, with an ever changing lineup is almost as impresive as the 22 game winning streak.

2. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Took the team to the 2nd round after 12 years of disappointment and took the Lakers to game 7 without your two best players? Yeah, I think we need to fire the coach :rolleyes:

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow... Wow...

Ok, after this season I really miss Jeff Van Gundy, but not for the reasons you may think. I miss him because if you look at all the players under the Gundy era on this team, they have a defensive integrity that cannot be matched. Imagine if he was still here (or Thibbedeau, I can't spell his name for my life), imagine if Wafer knew how to really play defense. That would be awesome. The young guns, AB, Lowry, Wafer, and Landry really could up their respective games by a couple notches if Gundy was still here. This is coming from a former member of the fire Gundy club.

However, in spite of all this, I still think RA did a hell of a job. Maybe, maybe maybe you could blame this season's failure (can we even call it a failure, we did do what we set out to, maybe not all of it, but most) on Morey. He had a dozen chances to ship out McGrady, and ditching Rafer was a big big big risk (it did pay off tho), but still. How is any of that RA's fault? How can you blame a coach who basically played without $48 million of his cap and took that team to seven against a heavily over talented and deep LA team? Look at the knicks and us this year. New York was out 22 mil for Starbury, and we were out 22 for McGrady. New York is a lottery team, and we were contenders. True, we have some awesome role players, a Chinese giant, and a street thug with a heart of gold, and they really don't, but between the two we had about the same restrictions. All in all Adelman did a damn fine job. Anyone who doesn't like it can become a Lakers fan for all i care....

4. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Can we ban him?
    Or do we have to vote to ban him?

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I believe the O.P. need get the some training to know something of the basic basketball before he or she can start another thread. This thread should be rated as -1, seriously.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not think JVG still posted here

Rocket River

7. Yaoismyhomeboy

I don't know what to say, man. I definitly love JVG but coach A is pretty decent. We should give him a couple more years.

8. acjeitherocket

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The word "Yao" is mentioned 9 times in the OP yet barely any other Rockets player is mentioned. Somehow I feel that this has something to do with the OP's opinion. I'm not exactly sure what the connection is but I'm guessing there is one.

10. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

HAHAHA, stupid thread!

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Cuban? Is that you? What happened to your blog?

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Downgrade to rookie.

13. theREALDEALkid

Seriously, first time we've been out the first in 12 years and we should fire him??

14. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

GIT RIDDY OF RUDDY

15. A00man

A00man Member

Horrible, horrible thread. Seriously, the worst I have seen on Clutchfans.

Talking about going from 55 wins to 53 wins? Consider it great coaching that we won 55 without Yao and 53 without Tracy. Then to top it off, we took the Lakers to 7 games pretty much without Yao. Why? Because of the excellent team chemistry which comes largely in part from coaching.

Horrible thread! I wish I could give negative stars.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

UHHHHH.... hmmmm
    As much as I am not a huge fan of Rick A, I do not think hiring JVG back as a coach is very much the smart move. I believe most of us were tired of watching JVG have subpar players sit around the three point line waiting to catch the ball and shoot. There was no movement. I also believe that a few folks were complaining how he didn't give younger players a chance to truly develop. Guys like Aaron Brooks, and Landry would be sitting at the end of the bench while he let Luther head and Raefer continue to be our main backcourt. I do however feel that I believe Yao isn't as potent of a weapon now as he was with JVG. Guys like Rudy T, Phil J, Pat Riley, Van Gundy brothers, just to name a few, seem to have grasped the concept of utilizing the big man to full potential.

17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Don't do drugs.

18. redao

redao Member

But if that is Yao's full potential, Yao was as big a loser as TMAC under JVG.

now, Yao is a winner. Thank Adelman.

19. Prince

Prince Member

BJ thinks RA should be fired.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

FTW!!! That quote wins!!!