1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Memphis] Rockets have inquired about 2nd pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FishBulb913, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Rubio is special. Anyone who watched the Olympics knows that. A 17 year old kid starting for the Silver medal team, in the championship game against the modern-day dream team? AND he logged the most minutes on his natl squad that game.

The way the league is going with making slashing guards virtually untouchable on their way to the paint, he really does have no ceiling. He's got incredible court vision, great size, and oh did we mention that he's 18??? He's got a chance to get, like, twice as good as he already is! Give the Grizz what they want so long as it's not too much!

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Is there anyone post this link?

Some details from LayupDrill.com about this trade

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

4. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

5. redao

redao Member

I am totally confused. How can that package get you 2nd pick in NBA?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would let AB go for Rubio......he is going to be special.

DD

7. sbyang

sbyang Member

I call total BS on this.

Memphis doesn't have that many salaries to dump, they're already one of the lowest salary teams in the league. Memphis needs to win a trade, or at least look like they won a trade, due to the Gasol trade. What players do we have that would make it look like Memphis won the trade? Yao is really the only one, and there's no way we do that.

So total BS.

8. faraza84

faraza84 Member

if they want expiring id do it for gay and any bad contracts milicic and the number 2 pick. of course giving them landry and tmac. it would help keep out team young and hell if they want battier they can take him as well, that just means we would have to re-sign ron for sure.

9. Raven

Raven Member

You're reasoning is sound. It would have to be a three way trade.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

But the question is why would Memphis want Brooks when they've got Conley?

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they dont have to "win" a trade...they already did well with darrell arthur, but all they have to do is not give away a player for almost nothing. The reason why they are shopping the pick is because it's a weak draft after the top 3 or so and they dont need thabeet and rubio doesn't want to play in memphis...so either they stockpile centers, get an unhappy teenager, or they risk getting a bust with the rest of the draftees....so it makes sense to trade it for a solid player(s)..

12. hasheesh

hasheesh Member

that package we are supposedly offering is chump change. Aaron brooks had a great playoffs, but he didn't have THAT great a playoffs.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't see how the hell it can happen either, but I guess a bad economy combined with a weak draft where the next best player doesn't want to play for you can lower the value of your pick, especially when there is supposedely a big dropoff after the top two players. I don't see how it could drop the value that damn low though. I can see how some teams would be high on Brooks after this postseason....but not that high.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Brooks, Hayes, and a 2nd round pick?

SERIOUSLY?!?!? I mean I knew the Grizzlies front office was bad but damn! If they are even considering this...

Man if we got this done for Rubio it's not really a loss, at all. Lowry Can start definitely if Rubio can't right away. Grizzlies must really be our D-league team afterall...

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay I see, my mistake not a 2nd round but future first.

Looking at the other rumored deals, I don't see the Celts making a move and trading Rondo.

Knicks have a solid deal with Lee and 8th but it seems to me Memphis doesn't want a first round pick at all. I remember their GM saying they didn't want to get younger.

When you get down to it though, we have more to offer than the Knicks if Morey REALLY wanted the 2nd pick.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If Morey lands the Rubio for freaking Brooks, Hayes and a pick I just flat out feel sorry for the rest of the league.

17. blender

blender Member

Not surprising if this is true. Memphis could use good veteran guys like Battier and Scola, plus getting Battier back would be a popular move with their fans, I believe.

Another poster mentioned Artest, but I think his reputation would keep Memphis from wanting to have him around their young players.

18. faraza84

faraza84 Member

yea i smell tmac battier and landry for millicic and 2nd pick and maybe gay.
    they wont be able to pay gay becuase contenders will offer him a lot of money come 2010.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ill falt out feel sorry for Chuck Hayes

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Darko and Arthur are pretty bad themselves...i dont think ron's rep will matter, hes done a good job of cleaning it up