1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, May 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

dooche-nozzle

2. tomjc

tomjc Member

ya'll know what this is..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtYYP9nZPKc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtYYP9nZPKc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. red96

red96 Member

The Warriors are going nowhere fast. They would've been in far better shape if they would've resigned Baron. Baron talent and his contract >> MAG and Crawford's. Baron is the only 1 of the 3 that has (elite PG) all-star talent. He can earn is contract. The other 2's very best still wouldnt be enough.

The Warriors have about 8-9 players that play the 2/3. Ellis, Jackson, MAG, Crawford, Randolph, Azubuike, Belinelli, Morrow, and Wright can even play a little bit at the 3. That was just retarted. Thats why they sucked because they are crazy unbalanced, with crazy salary at those positions. Paying 41.6 million for the 2 and 3 but with no all-star playing at either position (no allstar on the whole damn team). You dont think there new lineup would get them more than 29 wins?

Baron/7th pick/Belinelli
    Jackson/Morrow/Belinelli
    Randolph/Azubuike
    Biedrins/Wright/Hayes
    Kaman/Wright/Hayes

Their 7th pick could be used anywhere. They could be a possible playoff team. But they stay as they are they'll be right back in the middle of the lottery next year. This deal helps them get rid of thier 2 worst contracts.

I know I rather have Baron and Kaman over Crawford and MAG on this team. Baron and Kaman can actually earn there paychecks.

4. red96

red96 Member

The Warriors only give up 1 possibly disgruntled youngster. They still keep 5 of them while lossing 2 bad contracts and making themselves pretty solid. And they still keep there 7th pick. They're in no way morgaging their future by giving up all their young players.

5. red96

red96 Member

Marcus Bryant, do you think this trade is good from Houston's POV?

6. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Our only holder that may arise some interest in the Warriors operating group is just T-Mac's expiring contract, but the Mavs also have got some expiring contract like Dampier and Stack, and many other teams as well. Our core players are also preferable to all the other 29 teams but we cannot lose any one of them, and the Warriors would consider the Mavs at first as their trading partner when taking into account the relation between Mavs GM and Warriors head coach. Kaman and B-Diddy are even more outrageous than Maggette's contract, obviously the Warriors would be the only victim in this trade while the Rockets may not be a winner either. Only Clippers benefit a bunch from this trade, I suppose you are more of a Clippers fan than a rockets fan.

7. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I think that's a troublesome happiness for the Warriors to hold so many talented guys on their back court, however, there's still no reason they should throw away those guys for some garbage contracts. The best option for them is to trade a couple of those guys to teams needing such kind of players, in exchange for some veterans or future picks. Plus, S-Jack and Corey are both on the other side of 30 so it wouldn't be very amazing when they crap out and start to suck in a couple seasons. Plus, Don Nelson doesn't need traditional centers to run his run-and-gun, such centers like Yao would only get abandoned on his team. Those 2/3 players fit Nelson's system damn well, some of them can even take care of the PF job when Nelson asks them to do so. Biedrins and Truiaf are more than sufficient for Nelson to use in the paint, what they need more urgently is an experienced PG that can work as the coach-on-court. Nash may be one of their targets on their radar, but Davis is more of a street baller IMHO.

8. red96

red96 Member

I get what your saying but the Warriors dont just get rid of Maggette's contract, they lose Crawford's also. The Mavs would'nt take those 2 off the Warriors hands.

You act as if Kaman is crazy overpaid. He's a legit 7ft Center that can rebound at a decent rate, capable of defending the paint, has agood post game, and is entering his prime. I mean, look around the league. Okafor, Diaw, B. Miller, Big Z, Nene, Biedrins, Troy Murphy, Camby, A. Bynum, Bogut, Dalembert, and I'd even put Okur (he's not a real allstar) in there. Watch Marcin Gortat cash in this offseason. Maybe not 10 mill a year but close to the MLE or more.

And what do you mean I'm not a rockets fan? So you dont think this makes use better? Why not?

9. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Kaman is injury prone, which is more than enough to be a reason we should take him into our roster poll. What we need is a backup center that plays about a quarter every game when Yao is healthy, while eats most of the minutes at this spot if yao is down. The basic requirement for this guy is just reliable consistency, an injury prone is definitely not qualified for this job. And it'd be a big waste of dollars if we play an 8m/yr center only 15 minutes every average game as a backup. A guy like Perkins or Truiaf is more than enough to take this job, plus Kaman's softness wouldn't be a patch to yao's flaws either. In addition, Kaman only played 31 games this season http://bbs.clutchfans.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4566403

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like Kaman's game but he also has a 4 million dollar trade kicker which I would imagine is a deal breaker for the Rockets.

11. red96

red96 Member

What the hell are you talking about :confused: ? We dont get Kaman in the trade, we get Camby. Camby expires (9.6 mill) after next season and he would be able to patch a few of Yao's flaws and he's versitile. But I do agree with you, we dont need Kaman. Thats why I dont have him comming to Houston.

12. red96

red96 Member

And neither GS or BOS are trading those 2 unless they're get something better. GS needs to clear thier glut of wings, a pure PG, and more bigs.

13. red96

red96 Member

What? Throw their guys away those guys for garbage? Maggette and Crawford are garbage (with their contracts). They both have negitive value and both have been injured plenty of times. No team would trade expirings for them straight up. The only way they'll ever dump them is by giving something of value (Ellis). And Ellis missed crazy time last year to, but I'd still take him though.

14. red96

red96 Member

You actually think Crawford & Maggette on a team with 7 other wings has more value than Baron & Kaman who can actually fill their needs? If you actually think they have possitive values (MAG& Crawford) I'll just have to end this debate with you right now.

15. RocketFanatic09

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's a BS. Maybe there is a small chance, but I don't belive they are gonna move Ray.

But T-Mac for Allen, I'd do that. It would be pretty damn good for both sides.

17. Stilldream'n34

Two guys that I would take off the Jazz, and that are Unrestricted Free Agents by the way, are Morris Almond 6'6 SG and Kyrylo Fesenko 7'0 C.
    Both have spent most of their respective careers in the D-league but have shown flashes of being contributors in the NBA. They could most likely be had for cheap and could be steal free agent signings like Von Wafer!

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I had no idea that Fesenko was a UFA. He has genuine promise despite his inexperience. He won't find minutes with Okur and Kosta Koufos. I don't think he has been long enough with them to get corrupted.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Fesenko is a RESTRICTED free agent. He is a former second round pick who was drafted two years ago. By definition, he's restricted. Plus, according to DraftExpress, the Jazz have a team option on him this summer.

Morris Almond, on the other hand, is the rare instance of a former first round pick whose third-year team option was not picked up, making him probably one of the youngest UNRESTRICTED free agents in the league. I'd take a good look at him this summer if they could get him on the cheap and Wafer bolts for more money elsewhere. (If I recall correctly, the Rockets viewed Almond in the 2007 NBA Draft as one of their top targets.)

20. Stilldream'n34

The Jazz have a Team Option on Fesenko,which if they don't pick up, would make him a Free Agent. If Okur opts out of his deal, the Jazz might pick up his option but if not, with Okur coming back and Koufos on the bench, they might let Fesenko walk.