1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMaC MVP, Jun 1, 2009.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

u really think with yao being shipped to the other teams, LB will want to come here? ?

2. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I think this post is both fair and sensible.

3. drzucchini

drzucchini Member

A guy who has openly stated that he wants to be the first billionaire athlete means he does in fact care about the money.

4. battousai

battousai Member

u guys are silly. lebron is all about money. he said he wants to be the first billionare NBA player.

However, if lebron wants to win a ring, Cavs isn't that team. neither is NY.

Rockets has the best chance for Lebron to win a ring. It really depends on how lebron going to do this summer. Is he going to wait until 2010 and sign as FA? or is he firm on leaving the cavs, which could force Cavs to trade him in order to get something back?

What i really want to see if Cavs trades with rockets for tmac for lebron. eventhough we may get just one year rental on lebron this will surely be an amazing year. if we win a ring, lebron may just sign couple more years with us.

over cap? i don't think would be an issue. any NBA owner would pay over the cap to land lebron.

5. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Ummm yeah I heard him say that but.... there is an athlete by the name of TIGER WOODS!!!!

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

no yao, no lebron... i don't think he comes if yao is not with the team... he knows first hand what a good center can do for a team

7. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

Hahaha :D I Agree!!

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Now this is the funniest thing I've ever read.

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I could imagine a "Kobe Bryant anyone?" tread if the Lakers lost in final :eek:

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Wow. People, medication can be dangerous if not taken correctly. Ask you doctor before doing drugs.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Uhm a Championship is one thing but being set with a ton of money is another... hmmm... Yeah I just don't see that happening. With Morey though who knows what he is capable of.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

There was already a silly "Kobe to the Rockets" thread about a week ago. It was based on a trusty ESPN rumor.

Edit: Here it is in all its ridiculousness: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=169561

Then there was the Chris Paul one that caused people to pointlessly j*zz their pants for about 40 pages.

The only one that was somewhat reasonable, even though it was also a stretch, was the one about Ramon Sessions. I would be all for that but Sessions is a RFA and I would be surprised to see the Bucks let him walk.

#92 BrooksBall, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  13. Nick_Young

Nick_Young Member

Yao is the only reason if there lies a slim hope that Lebron can come. Rockets without Yao is no different to Caverliers.

14. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

haha, agreed

15. chasingu

chasingu Member

LeBron will be a hot topic next year, not now. Nothing about him will happen this offseason.

16. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

to be frank...he's more interested in his first sport billionaire title than a championship contender...we might see his loss to orlando and subsequent media snub as genuine disappointment to missing out on finals and it's the lucrative kobe-lebron matchup he was actually disappointmented in losing...imagine the million dollar commercials and media fanfare that would have generated...so in saying that...he's going to choose new york...the city that doesnt understand the salary cap...

17. landryfans

landryfans Member

rockets only fans are really mean people.

18. albuster

albuster Member

Hmmm. I never thought I'd see the day that an offseason could addle the mind of some folks.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

On the other hand, one could argue that if he is indeed opting for free agency next year it'd be wise for Cleveland to trade him this year.

20. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

well any team-only fans are mean people, but yeah i agree, some people here are just ridiculous