1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]LeBron skips out on reporters after Game 6 loss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreaMac, May 31, 2009.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I agree. If he bolts to NY, it's not because he wants to win.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

call it whatever you want to call it, but to argue that LeBron gets a pass, whereas we would pile on the Rockets in an identical situation (on a Rockets BBS no less) is just sily.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

b/c the knicks are willing to spend spend spend. they've been paying luxury taxes for a while now. and dolan is rich enough to overpay certain players to surround lebron with talent (although their new GM is being very good as a lot of the bad contracts will be off soon).

and if lebron goes there, who wouldn't want to play in the media capital of the world WITH lebron? i guarantee the amares and boshes will jump ship immediately if they know lebron is going to NY.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Amare already wants to go to NY because of Mike D'Antoni. If LeBron goes, Amare will go there for sure.... not to mention another superstar. I could see Bosh or someone like that going. It'll be interesting to see where Wade goes or if he does indeed resign.

5. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

Lebron not congratulating the winning team shows no class and refusing to speak to the media shows that he's a sore loser. Sure, he's upset but that's your responsibility as a leader to do the hard and unpleasant things even when you don't want to. Even Tmac spoke to the media and cried on TV after that heartbreaking loss.

6. t_mac1

again, nobody in recent memories has had to do as much as lebron did this entire playoffs. it was probably extremely frustrating for him to lose, and he was probably very angry and din't want to do something embarrassing to himself or the organization.

if that was me, i would. i would probably punch everyone of his teammates outside of delonte if i was lebron for sucking as much as they did.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. But I think the poster you were replying to had a point. When LeBron lost, people throw the whole team except LeBron under the bus. When the Rockets lost, it's TMac got thrown under the bus. That's a double standard there.

To me, winning or losing is a team thing, not an individual thing.

8. SamFisher

Of course there's a double standard, because LeBron is the baddest basketball player on the planet, and T-Mac is a shell of a once-promising player - what do you expect? If T-Mac had taken his team to the WCF's and was averaging 40-8-8, I doubt people would ragging on him. But he never did. When T-Mac lost it was another first round exit. When LeBron loses it's in teh Finals or the Conference Finals.

9. rocket2020

rocket2020 Member

In a sense, Lebron is taking all the burden away from Kobe this year. Most of the attention goes from Kobe to Lebron. I think that too much media attention and scrutiny could blow up any team easily.

In the past years, if I was a teammate of Kobe, I would not give a damn since Kobe would get all the credit if we win and I would get the blame if we lose. Kobe might or might not be the cause of this, but the media definitely helped put it all together.

During this year's play-offs, I am sure Lebron's teammates feel the same way Kobe's teammates of the past felt. Again, this might not be because of Lebron wanting to take all the glory. I think the un-ending worshiping of Lebron by the media is what doomed the Cavs.

In a way, Kobe is only too happy if the Lakers win championships and Lebron gets the label of 'the best on the planet' and wins crap.

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

He needs to get traded to the west. That way he will waste less time getting mad because he will get knocked out every 1st round. Cake walking thru the first two rounds and expecting his team to step up in the east conference then the finals is tough.

11. SamFisher

By most accounts this is completely wrong, LeBron is unique in that he is apparently well-liked by his teammates whereas Kobe (much like Jordan) basically treated them as his hired help.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

T-Mac is no LeBron. But he averaged 30-7-7 in the Dallas series and 27-8-7 just a year ago in the playoffs. Yet he has been "credited" for the "never out of the first round" thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. damienh28

damienh28 Member

Ok Im sick of everyone blaming tracy they even made a website pretty sad im a tracy mcgrady feen i go where he go butt the rockets are somthing else i will always love this club but the fans are getting me mad u guys tret him bad now you all wanna trade him so bad i cant imagine what hes gonna do to this club if he traded

u kno he can

remember the 13 points in 35 secs
    44 points against baron davis 40 while tracy was banged up
    45 points againt the suns rite after 38 pointts again Jazz
    hell held the rockets by himself threw the jazz series without yao=
    recongize hes the best in the nba

14. Dei

Dei Member

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

+ reputation

I think you are a good poster! :D

16. t_mac1

his career playoffs line: 28.5ppg, 6.9rpg, 6.2apg, 43%fg, 24.7 PER

lebron's career playoffs line: 29.4ppg, 8.3rpg, 7.3apg, 45%fg, 26.8 PER

though tmac has made himself an easier target by not getting out of the first round ONCE.

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I wonder how much longer ESPN is going to be playing up Lebron now that he's out...Im going to guess for quite a bit more, I just went to ESPN.com and the main section of the front page is an article about Lebron then 4 subsequent articles about him or the Cavs, with no mention of the Magic at all

18. Christopher

Christopher Member

The last place you'd go to is NY if you had any interest in winning!

The Cavs need to make a deal to get him some real help. I think that will be the major key for him staying, because they must make some moves now, they are just not good enough.

I cant help but feel a bit sorry for him though, he played his a$$ off.

19. Omer

Omer Member

Update:

LeBron happy in Cleveland despite playoff loss

Posted May 31 2009 7:05PM

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) -- LeBron James finally talked about not making the NBA Finals, and insists Cleveland's loss to Orlando will not impact his future with the Cavaliers.

James stormed out of Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals. The league MVP, who also did not shake hands with Olympic teammate Dwight Howard or congratulate any Orlando players as he left the floor, said Sunday that he's happy in Cleveland and feels the Cavs made major progress this season.

"I'm great. I feel great about this situation that's going on," James said. "You want to continue to get better, that's all you can ask. We got better and I feel this team will be better next season. You don't want to take a step backward. I think we went forward from the Boston series [a Game 7 loss in the semis] last year."

"Hopefully we can go forward next year."

The Cavaliers won 66 regular-season games and their second Central Division title this season.

James, who averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.0 assists against Orlando, said he hasn't given any thought to signing a contract extension with the Cavs this summer.

Cleveland can offer the extension on July 18 -- the three-year anniversary of him signing his previous deal.

"I don't know," James said when asked if he'll sign. "I haven't thought about it just yet. I'm just going to take time off from basketball and not think about contracts or the game period. I'll relax with my family we'll figure out once it comes from them."

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/05/31/cavs.lebron.ap/index.html

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kobe Bryant is the ultimate competitor we have in the league these days... you don't see his pulling a stunt like that.