1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF Rafer???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, May 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Rockets beat the Cavs by 19 without Rafer. Says it all.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was really mad when Yao was reduced to a decoy in games 4-7. :rolleyes:

Alston's entry passes are so much better than Aaron Brooks scoring so many points in game 4 and 6. ;)

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Yea... :rolleyes: ...ahh.... :rolleyes: ....Lowry and Cook were so awesome against the Lakers...and Brooks turnovers were awesome too.... :eek: they still don't get it.. :(

4. code_red

code_red Member

Rafer runs the offense infinitely better than Brooks. While Brooks has a better shot than Rafer, I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Rafer on a bad shooting night > Brooks on a bad shooting night

That will never change until Brooks learns to pass better. For starters, Rafer doesn't have issues passing the ball to Yao like Brooks does.

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I've been watching every game so far of this Cavs/Magic series and he's the EXACT SAME Rafer we had. Runs the offense terrificly, still competively fiesty, he's had some great offensive games but still very streaky...when he's up he's up but when he's down he's down.

6. lastmanstanding

How would we have beaten the Lakers w/ Rafer since his good passing to Yao would have been useless when Yao went down. Instead we would have his turd shooting in games 4-7 assuming we make it that far.

7. bjshot

bjshot Member

Some TOs are bigger than others. AB always made big TOs. That's the problem.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MREaQ_RJAp0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MREaQ_RJAp0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. bjshot

bjshot Member

That's what I was saying after the trade. Rockets would miss Rafer in playoff. He's no all star, but good enough to help rockets to win it all.

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

If Orlando Magic didn't have Rafer..would they be up 3-1 on Cavs 1 Win away from finals...Probably not...they probably would be struggling to get into offense like the Rockets...I've said it before and I'll say it again...one more time for the people who don't quite get it yet...Rafers Passing, Handling, Decisions making>>>>Brooks Scoring..Brooks is SG in PG body..not "True PG" like Rafer is... :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is ludicrous. We didn't lose to the Lakers because we were missing Rafer freaking Alston.

We lost to the Lakers because we were missing YAO MING and TRACY MCGRADY.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Tmac = better team play

13. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

My hat's off to Orlando. Picking up Rafer looks like genius...could have easily gone the other way. So much for Cleveland waltzing to the NBA Finals. Looking like both top seeded teams were paper tigers afterall...

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

how was not having lowry going to cut back on our turnover problem when it was mostly the fault of Yao, ron, and Landry (had 5 one game)??? Rafer would have still passed them the ball. the turnovers were coming mostly after the pass, not always on the pass, so it wouldnt have cut them back by a lot, definitely not in half . Brooks and cook had some turnovers, but that's not the whole story. Id be more worried about Ron's horrific shooting.

15. code_red

code_red Member

This is utter FAIL. We had a good record and were a playoff bound team when we traded Rafer. For the record, who was our starting PG when we went on the 22 win streak last year?

Rafer played like we expected him to in our playoffs - he ran the offense night in and out despite his streaky shooting.

Funny that despite his streaky shooting with Orlando, they are one win from getting to the NBA finals. If anything, our superstars get the blame for not getting us past round 1, not Rafer.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think the current nike ads and all the talk about a lebron-kobe finals really did get to orlando, that's motivated them A LOT, but it's also a matchup issue, how do you contain or stop a beast in key moments?? By having a beast of your own, dwight is Lebron's kryptonite in a way (and vice versa sometimes).

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

do i have to repeat myself...when Yao goes down...Rafer would have been better..Why?....because rafer succeeds in an open free flowing up and down offense...Rockets could have won game 5 and 7...if would of run the ball ....but we couldn't get into any offensive flow..flow..flow offensive flow...Rockets without Rafer were dribble dribble dribble bad pass..isolation one on one offesne..

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah because rafer is such a creative scorer and he racks up tons of assists. ;)

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yeah, Rafer would have single handedly won the series against the Lakers. It wasn't the loss of T-mac or Yao. It's Rafer Alston, the All-Atar. We should of traded YaoMac and kept Rafer.

:rolleyes:

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

And if Rafer was still the pg on this team. the rockets would have lost to the Lakers in 5.

A stopped clock is right twice a day