1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't hesitate to flame me but Iverson can contribute in this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, May 25, 2009.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He can contribute, he's a good person....

but he HAS to dominate the ball to be successful on the court, and he's no longer a guy you want to have dominate the ball. He's having a really tough time transitioning into the sunset of his career (like McGrady couldn't dial his game back last season when physically limited).

I'd rather not bring in another ball-dominating guard, I'd rather not bring in another sub 6-3 SG.

But I wish him well. I could see him doing well on a bad uptempo team like Golden State.

2. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

AI doesnt play defense

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

While I'm not opposed to this entirely, our time and money would be better spent elsewhere.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not a bad suggestion, although I think he'll play at least a year or two in Charlotte with Larry Brown before calling it quits.

P.S. Captain Jacko + Ellis + Maggette + Crawford + AI = one HILARIOUS mix of ball stoppers, ISO players and ego's that would clash like none other yet make one hell of an NBA Live dynasty. :)

5. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I guess people don't understand percentage shooting.

Iverson is capable of difficult shots but difficult shots isn't the point of basketball. It doesn't matter who scores. The objective is to get the highest percentage look. You also have to take into account the player (as we don't want Chuck Hayes shooting 3s).

Making the opposition shoot a worse percentage is also key. Iverson is not the player that can do this.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Gordon already turned down a long term deal for 10M/year with the Bulls and now the Bulls management has said signing him is their first priority this off season so it sounds like they will try to sign him for more than their initial offer. They wouldn't have come close to doing as well in the playoffs without him, he made clutch shot after clutch shot.

Why would anyone want to sign AI after Philly, Denver and Detroit, he didn't make those teams better. I think he'll have a hard time finding a team willing to sign him particularly if he wants a big deal, somebody may want him for the MLE but nobody will give him a 2nd big deal this off season.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Have you follow the Nuggets after they trade Iverson with the Pistons? Of course, Iverson is still a good player, but is another ball stopper, why do we need him, I am ok with him if he is asking only $2M.

8. code_red

code_red Member

Iverson + Artest + TMac + Brooks on the court at the same time = greatest ball hogging team in the NBA and zero ball movement

BTW, look at all the responses about how Detroit got infinitely worse, and Denver got infinitely better after the trade.

9. 2rings

2rings Member

I am not hesitating - flame on!

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sure and let's trade Yao for Dwight Howard who also consistently attacks the paint and doesn't get fronted and rebounds and blocks shots at ease.. easily catches the ball and dunks at ease.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't see him being a starter on this team and he has refused to come off the bench.

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Don't want him. He gave up on his team just like T-mac did. We got one negative nancy on this team already that we are trying to get rid of, we don't need another.

13. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

14. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

If he is willing to accept a reasonable salary then why not. He would probably learn how to play team ball under Adelman. ( Hoping :D )

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

This team win when they play team ball.