1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If We Traded Yao.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joliver325, May 18, 2009.

1. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

If DM was you, Rox would be a lottery team out of question.
    And he had to worry about his next job.

2. attaboyu

attaboyu Member

you guys should note that nba is just a business. YAO is a money-making tree, and don't forget that the big business market behind him, especially in China, that's why the boss of rox is getting richer and richer, in nba, champion is so attractive, but money is superior of that.

3. ROCKETSRULES

ROCKETSRULES Member

If Yao leaves, NOBODY will see Rockets, world attention will drop, even fans in this bbs will drop. Houston is going to just like Dallas or Utah, good team but the organization make less money, you think alex wants to see that ??
    I dont think so...

But I hope Yao can be traded, to either Cleveland or LA !

4. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

As you can tell from my name I am Chinese, but I can say half the Chinese posters do not do themselves any favors by saying stupid things like "send Yao to LA" or "bring in Kyle Korver in here" (that's you, tming), and talking about Yao Ming's salary as if it affects their Chinese pride, etc.

It's great to be a fan of Yao, but don't expect to get welcome treatment without learning some basic facts about what it is to be a fan of the team. If you're going to stop rooting for Houston once Yao leaves for Golden State, then do everyone a big favor and leave now for a Yao Ming board.

5. alan

alan Member

you guys want to trade Yao because
    -the Rockets beat LA twice without Yao in the PO
    -Yao injury again

ok, let's trade Yao
    -to Cleveland or any other team for anyone who will NEVER injury
    -rebuild Rockets around AB

if Yao traded I will follow him and I'd like to see Rockets beaten by
    any other teams especially Lakers and Jazz

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If we trade Yao I would pray that we can get a guy like Dwight Howard or Lebron in exchange. It isn't happening though. Yao is not moving anywhere unless he himself wants to move to a different team in 2010. The Rockets organization has done nothing but kissed the man's rear and have done what they could to give him a chance to win the ring. If he doesn't pan out and does want to bail I hope we send him to the boondocks of an organization like the Clippers or Thunder.

7. DMFC

DMFC Member

Yao would like to stay in Rockets upon the following conditions:
    1. Artest, Scola, Battier stays

2. Abso-f**king-lutely no T-Mac next season, who must be traded with another All-Star (at least plays like) level player.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

We're not trading Yao, aint going to happen, why is this thread still here :confused:

9. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

Trade Yao+Scola for Oden+Aldrige
    Rox can rebuild around Oden, Aldrige, Brooks, Lowry and Landry.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sure..... The Rockets trade Yao for lebron and a big man they have and we let Cleveland try to start rebuilding with Yao Ming at the age of 29. I'd be all for that.

11. DaleKnight

DaleKnight New Member

You don't have to show your hate .
    People have the right , Chinese or American people . :)

12. earth

earth Rookie

Yao+Atest for Odom+Fisher+Bynum. It's fantastic! :D

13. earth

earth Rookie

It would better if Houston adds Lowry in the trade :eek:

14. earth

earth Rookie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blink
    You can tell who some of the YOFers are by their bad grammar/broken English. I only have to read a few words and I'll know if the poster is going to be uptight/anal about the topic.

:D I like broken English :rolleyes:

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

It's essentially the same , s far as speculation goes, as the Yao to Cavs thread. I guess one is better than the other.

16. albuster

albuster Member

If you were referring to the Chinese fans as having bad grammar boy you are in over your head. If we base being American as having good grammar and good English in this thread then I can state with absolute certainty that there is hardly any American here.

For your information Blink, you need to go to school to get your English straight. You don't get that from the streets or sports blogs. Americans have the worst English grammar among the major English speaking countries in the world. So quit your overt racism and go to school. There, hopefully if you go to the right school- in HISD? You will learn that Americans are not the smartest people in the world and that we all need to respect everybody's culture and skin color. And also that the Africans were not the only people brutalized by the light skinned Westerners. So go on ahead to your classes and don't be late. By the way, I am not Chinese.

17. Yunion05

Yunion05 Member

We shouldn't be trading Yao. A month ago, I felt like we should trade him, but I thought about it with some friends.

Because Yao is so tall, our players can't get around him as easy when driving to the basket. I think that whenever a Rocket player drives to the basket Yao has to move away but has to come back quickly to gain the rebound if they miss, which creates complications.

I could be wrong. Educate me, please! I'm still in high school.
    :D

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If we trade Yao we are not going to get any better unless get defensive center and high scoring swingman in return. Thing is how many teams are currently offering that.

Maybe, Philadelphia: Dalembert and Igoudala

Milwaukee: Bogut and Redd

New Jersey: Carter and Lopez (firesale)

LA Clippers: Kaman (or Camby) and Magette

If we trade Yao, wouldn't we essentially be rebuilding, while giving up our best scorer who happens to be top 3 center in the league?

Even trading Yao, this team would still be lacking something. It seems like we wouldn't improve very and would still hear from the same posters complaining about something.

19. verse

verse Contributing Member

Mispelled and "mis-teamed". The clutchfans.net double play! ;-)

20. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Member

if yao gets traded the rockets would be stuck with looking for another center to replace him. kelvin cato anyone? yao is the only reason why marquee players from other teams (lbj, kobe, cp3, d.wade, bosh etc.) would want to come here. would kobe or labron come here if they know that yao wasnt here? hell know!