1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

New UFC Undisputed 2009 Game (360&PS3)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRowdy111, Apr 23, 2009.

1. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

The game is great and I played a few good matches online against a friend. Career mode has been a lot of fun so far.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Going to BB to get it at lunch.

3. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

If your having trouble on the ground I suggest the tutorial...it helped me a lot.

4. Asian Sensation

I think I have the worst online record ever. I'm like 7-30 LOL. God I suck at video games.

5. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

My biggest problem with it is the submissions. Yeah you press R3, but then what? If you're jiu-jitsu skills are high it works, and if not it doesn't? I wish there was a way we could see how far along in the submission we were. Other than that, it's an awesome game. Hopefully the online gets some patches soon because it's laggy as hell.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Dont worry, I'm 0-5 online, and I consider myself to be pretty darn good at this game. Everytime I play online, I'm beating the crap out of the opponent, and then BOOM, he lands a lucky punch that drops me. Arrrrrrrr. So, your record online isnt that bad at all. I cant even get a win.

7. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

For submissions to work once you press R3 you have to move the right stick in a circular motion repeatedly as fast as you can until the animation is "in deep" and the opponent will tap out. Your opponent will also be doing the circular motion or hitting the []X^O buttons to defend the submission.

i'm on ps3 version, name is MrRolo713

I have been playing for hours upon hours, and my left thumb has finally gotten sore. It is the best fighting game hands down.

I've been on a 5 fight losing streak and a couple of 4 game winning streaks but I feel i'm getting better after every fight. You can really learn from your mistakes and also by fighting better players. I lost against a good player and it opened my eyes to a certain style that is real effective. I've been using that style ever since.

If you haven't already..

GET THIS GAME NOW.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

is the voice in the commerical the same guy from the fight night series?

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Fight night round 4 will have to really exceed expectations to surpass this game. im not an mma fan but the career mode on here is really detailed. it is an amazing game.

i really had no expectations for this game so thats probably why i was blown away

10. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Seems like when everyone first got this game they had trouble with the ground game, submissions, etc. How far have you all progressed?

My buddies and I have been addicted and have been having tournaments at each others houses for the past few weeks now. I'm pretty much the best out of all of us so far. :cool:

I've pretty much been unbeatable with wrestlers like Dan Henderson and Matt Hughes. Makes me wish Couture was in the game so much more.

Anyone want to play on PSN? Add me. User name: FarrisD.

11. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

This game is still the ish. I've improved on my ground game and mainly on my defense. I really tried to learn how to defend against the wrestlers and how to defend against submissions. I practiced so hard against it that I broke the R3 stick on my controller. My game is going to suffer though, with my ps3 being out of commission due to the yellow light of death.

12. The Joker

The Joker Member

now with the patch, game is awesome without quitters.... anyone wanna play? add me on Live I xLast Hopex I